CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Hybrids

Old 10-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
salvadorian
Hybrids

I know that corn snakes will cross breed with many other rat snakes, but I have had a lot of trouble finding any information on the results except for that many do not like creating Jungles because of the risk of cannibalism and the possibility of aggresive babies.
So what are some common crosses? Photos would be cool!
I'd love to hear from anyone who has hybrids or breeds them. I find king snakes especially beautiful, but I've had no luck finding any good examples of any king/corn hybrids.
So yeah: opinions, stories, photos, other questions.... I wanna learn

Old 10-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #2
Urban_M86
i wanted a jungle but a 3 snake will mean big trouble with my wife.........but the again........who knows

Old 10-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
Urban_M86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javen View Post
I have heard of the following (borrowed from a different forum):

Desert King x Corn snake x Albino Cal King = Splendida Jungle Corn

Ruthven's King x Corn snake = Tri Colour Jungle Corn

Corn snake x cal king = Jungle Corn

Corn snake x Imperial Pueblan = Imperial pueblacorn

Corn snake x Pueblan Milk = Pueblacorn

Corn snake x Leucistic Texas Ratsnake = Pearl Corn

Corn snake x Sinaloan Milks = Sinacorn

Corn snake x Honduran Milk = Cornduran

Corn snake x Gophersnake = Turbocorns

holbrooki x corn = Axminster Corn

Emorys Ratsnake x Corn snake = Creamsicle Corn

Pantherophis guttatus X Obsoleta spiloides = Creamsicle Corn (Frosted)
I love the colors of the kings and the head and patterns of the corns so jungles r for me

Old 10-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
Buzzard
You could do a google image search with the names Urban got you there. Shoould bring up some pics....

Old 10-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
Pasodama
Here is a list, that I have compiled, of cornsnake intergrades/hybrids:

INTERGRADES:

Creamsicle (Amel) - Emorys Ratsnake x Corn snake or Carrying both Corn and emoryi blood

Cinnamon (Hypo) - Emorys Ratsnake x Cornsnake or Carrying both Corn and and emoryi blood

Rootbeer (Normal) - Emorys Ratsnake x Cornsnake or Carrying both Corn and and emoryi blood

Frosted Corn - Corn Snake X Gray Rat Snake or Carrying both Corn and Elaphe obsoleta spiloides blood

Pearl (Pearl is a name that was once used for Opal Corns but, nowadays, refers to the hybrid) - Cornsnake x Leucistic Texas Rat

Tequila Sunrise - suspected to be an intergrade (carrying Yellow Rat blood or, another theory, carrying Ultra).

HYBRIDS:

Axminster - Corn Snake x Holbrooki

Cornduran - Cornsnake x Honduran Milksnake

Pueblacorn - Cornsnake x Pueblan Milksnake

Imperial Pueblacorn - Cornsnake x Imperial Pueblan (Pueblan Milk x Banana Cal Kingsnake)

Jungle Corn - Cornsnake x California Kingsnake

Tri Colour Jungle Corn - Ruthven's King x Corn snake

Splendida Jungle Corn - Cornsnake x Destert King x Albino Cal King

Sinacorn - Cornsnake x Sinaloan Milksnake

Super Corn- 75% Cornsnake & 25% California Kingsnake

Super Pueblacorn - Cornsnake x Super Pueblan (Super Corn x Pueblacorn)

Theracorn (Sp?) - Cornsnake x Thayeri Kingsnake

Tri Color Jungle Corn - Cornsnake x Ruthvens Kingsnake or Queretaro

Turbocorn - Cornsnake x Gophersnake

Titian King - Pearl ( Pearl = Cornsnake x Leucistic Texas Rat) x Albino Cal King x Goini King

Old 10-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
dionythicus
Cornson = Cornsnake X Nelson's Milksnake

Old 10-09-2009, 12:38 AM   #7
sinisterserpents1
hybrids

Jungles are not a bad hybrid. My clutch this year has amazing color and are very good tempered. I house all my snakes seperate so canabalism is not a problem. If you would like to see pics just email me at sinisterserpents@yahoo.com. Thanks jason

Old 10-09-2009, 11:28 PM   #8
lizard of ozz
I'm working on breeding scaleless tx rats into corn snake morphs. No pics at this time

Old 10-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
Carinata
Thats awesome dude! I assum you or some of the guys at outback have hets? I touched a scaleless snake once...it felt like my grandmas arm!

Old 10-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #10
lizard of ozz
I have a couple i paid big bucks for. They are cool snakes. A lot of people are opposed to them, saying it is cruel to breed for it, the snake is suffering, etc. But none of those people have them or know anything about them. The truth is that they do everything a rat snake should do- they bite, musk, and generally act like *ssholes whenever possible

Seriously though, while I feed them prekilled just to be on the safe side (don't want their pretty velvety skin to get bitten) they constrict and wrap just as well as a normal rat snake and I have seen nothing to say that they are in any way unhealthy.