CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Strawberry Cream Shed signs?

Old 10-11-2017, 02:22 AM   #1
PrinceHamlet
Strawberry Cream Shed signs?

Hi all! I'm a new snake mom and have had my snake for about 3 weeks. He's already grown since I first got him and I read elsewhere that babies shed every few weeks. He's been more hidey and skiddish since his last feeding about half a week ago and I think he might be getting duller and his eyes less clear?

I'm super new to owning a cornsnake and wasn't sure what "cloudy eyes" on a Strawberry Creme Tessera might look like since it's hard to google. Would anyone be able to tell me if it looks like he might be going into shed?
I think he's probably most similar to s strawberry snow, fyi. (He's a Amel Anery Hypo/Strawberry Tessera)

Thanks!

Old 10-11-2017, 09:22 AM   #2
Twolunger
When his eyes go cloudy they will be very cloudy and there will be no question about it.
He isn't to that point yet. Don't worry about shedding, as long as he's eating well you will have a shed soon. I don't handle my corns when they are getting ready for a shed, and most will typically hide anyway.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:58 AM   #3
Dragonling
With that "designer" morph name, I can make a pretty good guess where your little one is from. Frankly I think hypoberry snow is sufficient and more succinct. I'm more convinced there's red factor causing that coloration anyway, but that's a whole other can of worms.

As far as shedding goes, it's sometimes pretty tough to spot without catching it at the right point in the cycle on a snow of any variety. I would say your little fella is very likely in shed though.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:38 AM   #4
PrinceHamlet
Wow thanks guys!! this is super helpful. I'd love to get some more thoughts since it seems there are different opinions? Also I'd love to hear your guess on the breeder, Dragonling! haha.

Also how long does the shed period usually last for babies and adults?

Here's another photo to help identify if he's in shed:

Old 10-11-2017, 12:17 PM   #5
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceHamlet View Post
Wow thanks guys!! this is super helpful. I'd love to get some more thoughts since it seems there are different opinions? Also I'd love to hear your guess on the breeder, Dragonling! haha.

Also how long does the shed period usually last for babies and adults?

Here's another photo to help identify if he's in shed:
Steve Plouff of Mt. Pleasant Herps is the only person I've seen use "creme" in any morph name, namely his hypoberry stuff.

The cloudy phase of shed can sometimes go by very quickly in babies, which is why I said you might miss it entirely.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:30 PM   #6
PrinceHamlet
Yes!!! That's the breeder I bought him from

Thanks for the note! I'll keep that in mind as he grows. Would you say it can be as short as 3 days in babies? And with better photos, do you still think he's ain shed? Thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google