• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What is my corn snake color name?

Snooki

Hi.

I wonder what type or corn snake i have.
2-3 month old. In the paper it stand hypo.
Tried to find pics of adult but when i search for hypo it almost only shows red types of corn snake.

Wonder how this little guy will looks like when he is adult.
Is it a morph?

Here is two pics of him

Attachments

• IMG_1496.PNG
    IMG_1496.PNG
    413.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1497.PNG
    IMG_1497.PNG
    444.3 KB · Views: 99
Your snake looks like a little ghost. Ghosts are dual-recessive morphs, showing both hypo and anery (short for anerythristic). The clean, light ground color and the pale tones inside its saddles are a result of the hypo gene. Cute baby!

Thank you!

Ghost seems like it the right search word on Google.
Very excited how he would look like when he is bigger :)

This color charcoal is a normal color it seems but the ghost in him give he shaper pattern?

The saddles are a normal pattern. That's not related to color. Little variations from one snake to another are normal. Yes, it will be fun to watch his colors change and develop d he grows. Your baby's anery component could be either anery A (more common)or B (known as charcoal) .

There is no indication of this being a phantom or having charcoal in it at all. It is anery a + hypo, aka a ghost.

Megan is right. I was meaning to clarify that there are two kinds of anery gene and charcoal is anery B but I think I just caused confusion. My bad.

Looks like a lovely little Ghost... the first snake I bought was for my daughter and she was a little Ghost... she was the most awesome little girl... makes me think I might want to get another one :)

Back