CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Shed question

Old 05-13-2002, 10:32 PM   #1
pdrau
Shed question

My normal male's eyes clouded, his skin dulled, and his belly got the bluish tint just like he has the two other times he has shed since I got him. That was a few days ago. Today his eyes are clear, but there is no shed skin in his cage. His skin is still dull and belly bluish. There are no signs that he has started the shed at all. Is it possible that just the eye coverings popped off before him actually shedding?

Peter

Old 05-13-2002, 11:06 PM   #2
kenalotia
That sounds completely normal. Their eyes normally go back to normal a couple days before they actually shed. The shed process takes longer as the snakes get older. Perhaps when he was younger it just happened quickly enough that you didn't notice his eyes had gone back to normal before the actual shed.

Old 05-13-2002, 11:36 PM   #3
pdrau
Thanks Kate...I am not alarmed about it. Was really just curious as I hadn't noticed it (like you said) in the last two sheds. He is a really great snake. Very relaxed and laid back.

Old 05-14-2002, 11:28 AM   #4
kenalotia
Glad to hear it. Your snake sounds kind of like Frank, my anery male. He's very laid back and friendly, too. Never bitten anybody in his life and is great around people.

Old 05-14-2002, 11:38 AM   #5
pdrau
I walked in my daughter's room this morning and looked in Pumpkin's tank and there was his nice new shed. He has grown at least 3 inches since the last shed and he grew about 4 inches from the first one to the second one. This is his 3rd shed since we bought him a little over 2 months ago.

Old 05-14-2002, 04:11 PM   #6
Iris
Cool! My corn also shed recently would would make it the 3rd shed he's had while I've owned him. the first one he had while he was MIA, the second one came off in bits and pieces and a stuck piece turned into a scar.. but the 3rd one was just perfect and I saved the skin..but my mom threw it out. Mine has grown about 6 inches since I first got him in December. I don't really notice when I'm holding him but when I measured him..whoa!
Cute name..Pumpkin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google