CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Entropy and Enthalpy

Old 05-13-2002, 12:15 AM   #1
tschofie
Entropy and Enthalpy

Finally, a picture! No, quit laughing -- I'm not exactly good with a camera. Took an entire dratted roll of film and this was the best... sigh. Enthalpy is on the right, Entropy on the left. Let's see if this'll work...

Old 05-13-2002, 07:56 AM   #2
LizS
Thumbs up nice corns

Gorgeous snakes. Thanks for the pic. I love the flowering tree background, very natural set up for the snakes.

Old 05-13-2002, 02:41 PM   #3
lynn
Love the picture, so pretty and the snake's seem to be enjoying it too.

Old 05-13-2002, 03:26 PM   #4
Elaphe_Mo
very pretty picture and great snakes!
Thanks!

Old 05-13-2002, 03:32 PM   #5
Alicia
Smile

Very pretty pic. Thanks for sharing.

Alicia

Old 05-13-2002, 05:21 PM   #6
Iris
lol I didn't see the snakes at first so I was like...nice...tree...but then I saw the strangely curving and orangey branches and I was like...oh! those are snakes! I'm so slow

but like everyone else already said, it's a great pic with the flowers and everything and of course the beautiful snakes. What made you choose those names? I looked them up in the dictionary but I don't really get it...a little to hard for me to grasp.

Old 05-14-2002, 12:05 AM   #7
Serpwidgets
Might be an interesting read.

The Page of Entropy

I'd advise reading it at least twice. I always do.

Old 05-14-2002, 02:56 PM   #8
jim
wow!!!

just wow, nothing else... i'll be returning to that page again. thanks serp!!!! nice name, by the way, ts.

Old 05-14-2002, 09:14 PM   #9
tschofie
Thanks!

Thanks you all very much. Wish I was better with a camera.

The really short story is that Entropy is the thermodynamic word for chaos, just like Serp's most excellent site suggestion says. Enthalpy is a measure of the chaos (heat) of a confined system. So... pretty much their names are "Chaos" and "Tempest in a teapot." Which are very big names for very small snakes. (Especially for Enthalpy. You can even see in the picture -- her head is kind of translucent. This is because she has no brains. Which is fine, since she *still* did better on my last exam than I did. Sigh. ;) But I liked the sound of the names.

I'm still a little worried that Entropy will eat Enthalpy, thus resulting in a thermodynamic impossibility and a meltdown of the structure of the universe... hehe. (Err, actually, that wasn't particularly funny, after all. Ignore me.)

Thanks again,
TS

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google