CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

"Christened" by my corn!

Old 01-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
NewCornGirl
"Christened" by my corn!

Hi everyone,

I've been spending some time with my little candy cane A.J. getting her used to handling--and so far she's doing great! On Saturday I was sitting on the couch and let her explore--she seemed very curious, not scared at all, and stayed sitting in my lap for a good 10 minutes or so. Then, all of a sudden, she pooped all over me! I guess when you gotta go, you gotta go! Maybe it was the exercise that stimulated her, it was three days after she was fed. Ironically, this happened when "Dirty Jobs" was on TV. Here's a dirty job for you, Mike! LOL!

Old 01-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Christen
I hate that word lol (hint my name) Yes they often poop when out after meals cause they are moving which gets everything else moving. Do the swollen butt check. If they are swollen right before their vent the are going to have to poop soon so be prepared. With the big snakes I take them outside. lol But Congrats on your first being pooped on!

Old 01-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Palermodude
i got pooped on too about a week ago. was going to hold him today but hes looking like hes going to have to go again very soon so ill skip in until he isnt so big back there haha

Old 01-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Khena
My husband got pooped on last week! I have managed to avoid it so far, but I'm sure I'll have my time soon. He had just told me she was acting kinda strange too...

Old 01-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
hypnoctopus
I got pooped on once and she pooped once on my bed. I'm pretty good about noticing when she's about to go now though, so I either take her outside or give her a bath.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
Mina
You can always look at getting pooped on like one of my friends explained it to me. Your snake loves you, and they are showing you by giving you the only thing they have to give.
Which means Toby, my adult male hypo lavender motley, must love me A LOT. He poops on me at least every other time I hold him.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
Karoni
Welcome to the Poop Initiation Club.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
WingedSweetheart
I know to watch out when my snakes goes from being wiggly to completely still. They usually stick their tail up too. Then its a dash for the viv or trash can or some paper towels!

Old 01-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
beautifullywild77
Oh man, my Geno/Gena tried pooping on my bed one night... I recognized getting really still and tail flipped up in the hair. LOL I caught the poop in my cupped hands! It was nasty!

Old 01-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #10
beautifullywild77
On my snow, you can usually see the dark spot usually right before he poops, so we dont usually hold him until after its gone and we are spot cleaning his tank!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google