• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

1.0 Tessera Chimera aka "Frankencorn"

Weird question - does it seem to move both eyes independently?

Nope. He acts totally normal.

Here are actual pictures :)

1.0 Frankencorn Tessera het Hypo Anery Bloodred ph Charcoal

9x6r284o.jpg

b7bqwr7n.jpg

4hmt4lpu.jpg

I believe he's an normal/anery paradox. maybe a chimera, maybe not. At least his genotype should be clear in a couple of weeks, I've a clutch from Frankencorn x Aneryblood het Hypo Charcoal incubated.

Here are some actual pics :)

1.0 Frankencorn Tessera het Hypo Anery Charcoal 50% ph Charcoal

or24ocfi.jpg

d798awgp.jpg

cguvgnxm.jpg

Are you sure he's not a Tessera? He has very distinct Tessera patterns. I'd have sworn he was Tessera, lol. Well, I guess you'll know for sure when the eggs hatch. Good luck with it and keep us updated on any new information, special when the eggs start pipping. I'm just as excited, lol.

amazing snake <3
Question did you redo the pairing between the parents as well to see if anything similar came out?

Sorry, I think I misread your comment. I do see where you said he was Tessera het hypo anery ph charcoal. My bad, lol.

Are you sure he's not a Tessera?

Of course he's a Tessera, but since there is a possibility he's a chimera, there's indeed a possibility he's genetical hom. Anery. Highly likely he's not, but since he's a freak of nature, you never know what else is "different" in that individual. :grin01: Therefor I crossed him with an Aneryblood het Hypo Charcoal female in order to check his genetics.

amazing snake <3
Question did you redo the pairing between the parents as well to see if anything similar came out?

Nope, I didn't. Sold both parents 2 years ago, but got another paradox thing out of an Amber het Amel Sunkissed Blood x Aneryblood het Hypo Charcoal breeding last year...I used that Aneryblood female (which is the aunt of Frankencorns mother) for Frankencorns testbreeding this year. Might not be the worst idear since that female tends to produce some freaky stuff. :cool:

Here's my paradox from last year: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138280

If he's a chimera then breeding him will only show you the genotype of his reproductive system. The genotype of his other "half" would still be a mystery. :) Really cool, I just love chimeras and other fun somatic mutations in every species ^^

Hmm are you doing something with your temps or something?! lol amazing snakes, I hope you prove out the chimera/paradox gene.. i think paradoxes are amazing!

Back