CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Mandy the normal corn snake

Old 05-03-2016, 06:34 PM   #51
DLena
I'm glad you gave Mandy a home. It's not cheating... Everyone loves baby animals; someone has to give good homes and love to the older ones, too. I love Gypsy tons. 8^)

Old 05-03-2016, 06:51 PM   #52
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
I'm glad you gave Mandy a home. It's not cheating... Everyone loves baby animals; someone has to give good homes and love to the older ones, too. I love Gypsy tons. 8^)
Aww. You are so sweet. I love Gypsy too and was overjoyed when you kept her.

I know it's not cheating, but 60 grams to 464 grams is quite a jump in size between my two corns. Cleo only has 400 grams to go, lol.

Here's one last pic for the day:

I thought it shows her color better. And you can't have too many pictures!

I got about half of that stuck shed off her tail today and am working on the rest of it. I resorted to using a shed aid as being less stressful than a swim or wet towels at this point. It's working but it's a slow go. Today was the first she let me gently grasp her tail to roll some of it off with my thumb.

Old 05-11-2016, 03:19 PM   #53
DollysMom
Mandy is very, very blue. The white patch on her head is a reflection the camera didn't handle well. The skin is intact in person, just very shiny.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:55 PM   #54
DLena
I love your pictures! Keep them coming. Your snake isn't blue, she's downright PURPLE! I can't wait to see her new look.

And I have a theory about the pooping, because Gypsy poops like that, too. I think, because they're so large they wait to go until they're outside their viv so their viv doesn't get all messy...Even with a 40 gallon tank, these big girls take up a lot of room, and nobody would want to be near poop. They're ladies after all...

Old 05-11-2016, 05:06 PM   #55
DollysMom
Thanks Dlena!

Actually because she was blue I didn't take her out on Monday and she pooped in viv, but she certainly did it away from her favorite hide. I cleaned it up right away. I found a plastic sandwich bag turned inside out is a perfect hand protector to pick up wet adult corn snake poo in aspen. I'm sure given the chance she will poop outside again. She's definitely regular so far, lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing Mandy in her new "threads", too! For now I'm leaving her be.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #56
albertagirl
Her eyes look a little cloudy in all her pictures so far, can't wait to see what she looks like after she sheds. I know she won't keep these colors, but I do love the purple hue. I really like normals, I keep thinking I want one, and then get distracted by the flashy morphs. Haha.
I love that she's older, what a great home she's found!

Old 05-11-2016, 07:48 PM   #57
DollysMom
Thanks. I am looking forward to the shed. The color is pretty but she's acting like she feels kind of miserable. I got a clue about a month ago when I got a blister from friction on my thumb. The whole 3 days it had fluid in it felt crummy and I thought, this must be like a snake in blue.

I love that she's older, too. She's such a sweet girl and deserves the very best I can give her.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #58
Karl_Mcknight
Somebody's going to get some new clothes.

Glad she turned out to be a sweetie.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:30 PM   #59
DollysMom
Thanks Karl. She seems to be starting to clear today.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:58 PM   #60
cinnabunbun
Whoa her patterns are so mesmerizing... it'll be cool to frame that photo! She's a big cinnamon roll!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google