CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

"No, bad snake!"

Old 03-11-2005, 06:28 PM   #1
misery
"No, bad snake!"

Unfortunately, "No, bad snake!" doesn't work like "No, bad dog!"

My baby corn has gone to the bathroom while on the bed twice. First time was on my mother's bed, she hadn't ate since I got her, which would've been around a week. Second time was literally a minute ago. I had her on my bed and she decided to go on the bed rather than going a second before I took her out of the viv. She ate two days ago.

Goodness, why does she do that? Does she like the feeling of fabric better?

Old 03-11-2005, 06:56 PM   #2
tcorley
Corn snakes have a predisposition for pooping when they have been taken out of their cages -- it is the excitement of being handled and being able to move around freely that stimulates nerves and the gut muscles. Very often corn snakes will poop up a storm JUST AFTER you have carefully cleaned their cages and put them back in. A suggestion -- after handling the snake you can put in in a "holding" container (with a lid, of course) and see if it'll goin there. It often works! Good luck.

Old 03-11-2005, 07:07 PM   #3
Bluebeard
i've found that i can tell when my snakes are about to poop, of course they're both female so i don't know if it'll work with a male but i find their bum tens to swell alittle bit when the poop move towards the vent its almost a perfect way to tell mins after you notice this they'll poop.

Old 03-11-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
Spirit
Welcome to the world of cornsnakes!

And just a tip, but if your snake hasn't pooped 2-3 days after eating, it's going to blow, probably any minute. Putting it on your bed is not the best of ideas. lol

Old 03-11-2005, 11:33 PM   #5
JTGoff69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit
Welcome to the world of cornsnakes!

And just a tip, but if your snake hasn't pooped 2-3 days after eating, it's going to blow, probably any minute. Putting it on your bed is not the best of ideas. lol

Take this advice seriously, Spirit is the QUEEN of being pooped on! LOL

Old 03-11-2005, 11:45 PM   #6
MegF.
Spirit is the Queen of Poop, period!

Old 03-12-2005, 12:17 AM   #7
tyretosmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeard
i've found that i can tell when my snakes are about to poop, of course they're both female so i don't know if it'll work with a male but i find their bum tens to swell alittle bit when the poop move towards the vent its almost a perfect way to tell mins after you notice this they'll poop.
LOL I have often felt the same thing but its not mins before its only seconds , just anought time for me to move my hands and try to miss it, last time i did that it pooped on my bed. I shouldn't have moved my hands.
Jaimee

Old 03-12-2005, 01:12 AM   #8
Jujube
My corn refuses to poop in her cage--at all. Haha.. I've come to expect that she'll go whenever I have her out, so I've stationed a roll of paper towels next to her cage. Thus far it has worked at least 90% of the time. Just come to expect that she'll leave you a present and have a "catching device" ready when you get your corn out. Welcome to the club.

Old 03-12-2005, 05:00 AM   #9
Adamscorn
I,m with you Jujube, can't remember the last time our snake pooped in her viv! Every time my son gets her out, we have kitchen roll at the ready and when I hear him shout, I rush in and catch the offending poop. Straight down the toilet and we're done! Very neat and tidy. I do worry though that if we didn't get her out for a while, would she be a very uncomfortable little snake!!!!lol

Old 03-12-2005, 10:37 AM   #10
thelyonsking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit
LOL- and seing as your avatar (misery) has the snake on your keyboard, I'd certainley be careful! I can't even image cleaning poop out of it!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google