CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Murphy's Laws of Snake Breeding

Old 03-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #11
terry fielder
a HUGE bump but theres a lot of us noobs that should read this
sorry if this bothers anyone

Old 03-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #12
Daeraelle
Makes me want to find someone to sex my pair now. Just to make sure.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #13
Rich Z
I figured it was the time of year to bring this up again. I also stickied it and reformatting the text.... Yeah, I've been getting my smacks from Murphy as well this year....

Old 04-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #14
medusacoils
Try paying to have a snake sexed, being told it was a female. Brumating her and putting her to a known male and have nothing happen for a while. Then, bringing her back and paying again to have her sexed, another $10 and being told that she is still a female. Then trying to breed her again, with NO SUCCESS!! Then, for S/G's I bought a probing kit, had a friend come over to show me how to do it, then only to discover that the female I have spent $20 sexing, is in fact a male.

Wayne

Old 04-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #15
stephen
wow

I have been there, both buying and selling the wrong sex sometimes the male just dont pop!
Theres too much to list everything, but you did well here Rich!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #16
Tavia
Rich Z...?

What morph is your avatar? It is a good list, think I read it on the Serpentco website. That is definitely what makes breeding any animal something you have to love the animal too, not just being in it for the money.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #17
CrousesCorns
That is 110% right on. Everything said in that first post is so true at my house.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #18
Chrissie&Coral&Lilly
Well this is a VERY helpful post and from what i heard it is VERY true xD not that i would know yet -.-

Old 04-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #19
RobbiesCornField
Sounds about right to me! Especially the "Every planned mating will not take place".

Old 08-13-2010, 02:54 AM   #20
wildlifephotographer
Well, hmm......thats all interesting. I didn't realize it was so hard to sex a snake with probing or popping. When I put my thought to be females in with my thougt to me male corn snake they kinda did the same thing. Well, Diamond and Bindi didn't seem interested in eachother at all. But when I put Bindi and Zoe in together they went cookoo and crazy and especially Zoe who I thougt was female she was like trying to escape and hiding and zipping around in the cage trying to get out. So does that mean I put two males in together? When I put Bindi and Zoe together? And how about Diamond and Bindi? Diamond supposedely female and Bindi male.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google