CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Fresh Shed Normal...

Old 05-04-2002, 02:31 PM   #1
Solaris16
Thumbs up Fresh Shed Normal...

Hi Everyone,
I have been waiting and waiting for my 10 month old normal, Sunny, to shed his skin. Last night I was up watching him, he was so close to shedding but I kept falling asleep so I had to go to bed. This morning I got up and found that he had had his first bad shed ever. I've been doing everything right, bathing him daily, misting him several times daily and providing him with a wet hide box. I asked Mom to mist him during the day while I was at school, but she forgot. I misted him before I went to school each morning while he was in shed, when I got home, as well as several more times between then and when I went to bed. The lowest the humidity got during the day was 43%. This is the only reason I can see for the bad shed. It came of him 3 pieces, the top of his head and neck, the bottom of his head and neck, as well as the rest of his body. He retained a the tip of his tail as well as a few other teeny spots on his body. I got those off quickly by letting him slid through a wet cloth. Is the only reason for this the drop in humidty during the day?

Here are a few pictures of Sunny that I took this morning. Enjoy! Wendy

Old 05-04-2002, 02:32 PM   #2
Solaris16
A cute one....

Here is another picture of Sunny, he looks so cute in this one!

Old 05-04-2002, 02:33 PM   #3
Solaris16
Even cuter...

This one is even cuter!

Old 05-04-2002, 02:36 PM   #4
Solaris16
Body shot...

Here is a mid-body shot...

Old 05-04-2002, 07:25 PM   #5
monna62
Thumbs up Beautiful Snake, Great Pictures!

I really like your snake! Wish mine were here already! I don't know about sheds too much yet. I am waiting for the cornsnake manual to come, it is ordered. I also wish it were June, that is when my snake will be born! (from a breeder) Boy May is going to be a slow month! Good Luck~~from my pets to yours!
One Shetland Pony, two dogs, one cockateil, and a snake baby on it way into the world

Old 05-05-2002, 01:40 AM   #6
Serpwidgets
Bad sheds

Sometimes it is torn while they are shedding it and it doesn't all end up in one piece. I wouldn't call that a bad shed, unless some was still stuck to them when they were done.

The tail piece sticking is common. Some corns have more problems with this than others, but as long as you get that piece off there's nothing to worry about.

Sounds like you did everything you could, so I'd just move on and hope the next one is better.

Very pretty normal, BTW.

Old 05-05-2002, 06:16 AM   #7
lynn
Lovely pic's how do you get him to stay still, mine take's off for a wander as soon as she is put on the floor. My snake does'nt always shed in one piece but as long as it's all off I wouldn't worry too much.

Old 05-05-2002, 07:53 AM   #8
jim
Wink nice pics!!!! n/p

n/p

Old 05-05-2002, 08:34 PM   #9
Simon
very nice snake indeed!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google