CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Eggs and Incubator.........

Old 05-18-2002, 03:52 AM   #1
joe clark
Eggs and Incubator.........

Clutch on top is 17 good eggs, 7 slugs from a stripe X amel breeding. I expected some slugs with the history of male stripes and low fertility.
Clutch on bottom is 22 good eggs, NO slugs from a creamsicle X normal het amel breeding.

Incubator cost $50 or so Canadian dollars to build.
joe clark

Old 05-18-2002, 10:44 AM   #2
Alicia
Thanks for the pics. I've been getting great ideas for next year. I only have one gravid female this year but next year I'll have more (hopefully). Thanks for sharing.

Alicia

Old 05-18-2002, 12:44 PM   #3
Gregg
Thumbs up Great Idea...

Thanks for the photo of your incubator. It is always nice to see other people's inspirations. They say that "Inspiration is the Mother of Invention," but I personally think it's Proverty, or just being a cheap bastard like myself. So, if I wanted to build one just like that, what gadgets would I need to pick up, like heaters and such, and what size boxes are you using?

Old 05-18-2002, 01:18 PM   #4
kellum
actually its "necessity is the mother of invention"
But i agree it should be "poverty"

Old 05-18-2002, 11:54 PM   #5
Serpwidgets
Nice incamabator. :)

Looks a lot like my own. Be sure when you get clutches on top to check the temps on both top and bottom. I found there was a significant temp difference and ended up rotating the top to bottom every morning and evening. I'm thinking of adding a fan to better ciurculate the air, but I think I'll end up going with a larger one next year, and I'll probably do a total redesign.

And as I like to say, "laziness is the father of invention."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google