CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

.......wow!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
brtrude
.......wow!

Dezmond just gave me his first ever tail rattle! im in shock right now!
he was chilling out in the open and i went to pick him up and i got a good tail rattling! twice! so i left him alone!

is this more behaiviour indicating that he is ready to breed?
i hope so because he is NOT a grumpy snake in the slightest an i am in total shock that he did this. i know a tail rattle isnt anything major but he has just never done anything like it.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
Nanci
That's funny! I think every single one of my snakes tail-rattles under the right circumstances. I don't know if it has anything to do with being in the mood, unless being irritable means he's in the mood...

Old 02-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
brtrude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
That's funny! I think every single one of my snakes tail-rattles under the right circumstances. I don't know if it has anything to do with being in the mood, unless being irritable means he's in the mood...
haha, its the first time he has ever shown any sign of being agggressive! lol
i think i just heard sore that the male snakes can get a little aggressive or irritated around breeding time??? im not sure

Old 02-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
bekers71
LOL Don't worry about it. Maybe you just startled him. As far as him doing it because he's getting in the 'mood', he's a male and they are always in the mood so I doubt thats it. LOL Next time he does it though, go ahead and pick him up. You don't want to give him the impression that all he needs to do to keep you away from him is act up .

Old 02-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
brtrude
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
LOL Don't worry about it. Maybe you just startled him. As far as him doing it because he's getting in the 'mood', he's a male and they are always in the mood so I doubt thats it. LOL Next time he does it though, go ahead and pick him up. You don't want to give him the impression that all he needs to do to keep you away from him is act up .
ye thats true about males being randy all the time! lol typical of us!
ye i know if he does it again il just pick him up, he must be in a grumpy mood today! he has seemed to be restless lately. very active and he has also been trying his hardest to break his head through the side of the tub to escape! lol
crazy fool!

Old 02-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
Bharmonika
My snake has rattled his tail serveral times over the past couple of years and everytime he has done it, it was while he was being fed in his feeding tub. He did it to me last Friday as a matter of fact. His mouth was full with a mouse He was not in the mood to share LOL!

Old 02-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
dizeedoo
What is it like when they "rattle"?
I've read a few posts about rattling, and I just presume they stick their tail up and shake it about?

Does it make a sound?
what's it like.

I'm glad I read Bekers advice re picking him up when he does it. how interesting.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #8
EmJagsz
dizeedoo,

they get really still and their tail will look like it's vibrating. you were right about guessing their tails shake about, because that's basically what it is.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #9
brtrude
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizeedoo View Post
What is it like when they "rattle"?
I've read a few posts about rattling, and I just presume they stick their tail up and shake it about?

Does it make a sound?
what's it like.

I'm glad I read Bekers advice re picking him up when he does it. how interesting.
basically there tails will just turn into a blur with how fast they rattle it! lol and if it is touching something, like the side of the tub, it wil make a buzzing sound.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
maxcherry
[quote=dizeedoo;784255]

LMAO sorry but it just sounds so funny.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google