CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

2 Corns in 1 cage?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
AWSneer
2 Corns in 1 cage?

Hey guys! I was wondering... Would it be a terrible idea to have 2 corn in the same cage? like all their lives? I kinda want to get another one!

-Andrew

Old 01-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
snakewispera snr
I would use the search facility if I was you.....
You are really picking your threads to post, aren't you..........

Old 01-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
wstphal
Search this question. We had the big discussion back in October 09 when I first jointed the forum. The short answer is NO! There are lots of risks to the snakes.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #4
AWSneer
Sorry kinda new to this...

Old 01-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #5
wstphal
It's OK. It's come up a number of times here apparently. I arrived just in time to read what I think was the last round. It causes upsetness because the folks here are passionate about providing the best possible environment for their snakes, and there are lots of reasons why 2 corns in one cage is NOT the best possible environment. So it tends to generate aggravation. If you'd rather not read the whole thread from October, PM me & I'll summarize. I had just arrived here after getting my first snake & was thinking about cohabbing but I'll tell you, the thread persuaded me that I wasn't going to take those risks with MY snake, no way, no how.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #6
snakewispera snr
Your first two questions were the ones that trolls tend to open with...
Both those questions get a reaction on this and other sites.....
If you look at the tool bar at the top there's a search function....... That can answer most newb questions, as you are not the first one to ask them believe it or not...
You could also try the FAQ.... If both of these fail or are not specific enough then think about asking.....

Old 01-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #7
danielle
We know believe me we were all new to this at some point. This forum is full of all the answers to your questions stickied at the top of most of the subforums and by using the search function. Type in cohabbing and you will see snakes do not do well with cagemates. Most people do this type of research before actually getting a snake though not all- it's just better for owner and pet if the owner is prepared ahead of time

Old 01-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #8
AWSneer
Awesome! found all the info I needed... 10 min of searching... lol

this thread can be closed please

Old 01-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #9
AWSneer
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
We know believe me we were all new to this at some point. This forum is full of all the answers to your questions stickied at the top of most of the subforums and by using the search function. Type in cohabbing and you will see snakes do not do well with cagemates. Most people do this type of research before actually getting a snake though not all- it's just better for owner and pet if the owner is prepared ahead of time
The reason I didnt know anything is because the snake was given to me when the previous owner realized she didnt want him... I took him knowing I always wanted a snake.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #10
wstphal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSneer View Post
The reason I didnt know anything is because the snake was given to me when the previous owner realized she didnt want him... I took him knowing I always wanted a snake.
That makes perfect sense to me. If you didn't take him, you didn't know what might happen, so you just took him & figured you'd cope.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google