CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Almost a year old- Doesn't seem to be all that big.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:24 AM   #1
cornsnakebob
Almost a year old- Doesn't seem to be all that big.

His name is Dave. I bought Dave from a reptile show back in January and he was your typical tiny hatchling size. So he had to be around two months old when I got him?

Doesn't he seem kinda smallish to you guys? I would think a nearly year old corn snake would be on fuzzies by now. He kept one down and regurged one another time, so he's back on 2 pinkys.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #2
Rich Z
Snakes can be a lot like people in many respects. Size can vary. Some will tend to be larger than others even though diet can be identical.

So don't push them. I was never in any hurry to grow up my corns. Consequently, they were not ready to breed (in my opinion) until they were 4 and sometimes 5 years old.

In the wild the growth rate is likely nothing like the speed they get pushed at in captivity.

Old 10-23-2019, 09:29 PM   #3
Frank Pinello
I agree with rich. I have about 8 one year old corns all on similar feeding routines. One is just starting on fuzzies while a few others are taking small mice. Some get huge some not-so-much and everything in between.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google