CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

my corn snakes are now for sale

Old 01-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
benjamin
my corn snakes are now for sale

hello. im new to this forum because i have some corn snakes for sale and i would rather them go to people who will care for them properly than put them in the paper or bring them to a pet shop and who knows who will get them. the price is right for this same reason. the creamsickle motley had a female about three years ago but my roommate at the time leaned his fishing poles up against the aquarium and popped the lid slightly to the side so she escaped. havent been able to locate her anywhere so HE is now for sale. the two snows are a proven pair and about three years old each.
now the okeetee... he is a male okeetee that was hand picked by me from Kathy Love's snake ranch extrordinare in ft. myers. i had a female for him too but she got out the other night and i dont know if i should hold onto him for awhile to see if i can locate her or drive down to ft. myers again in May and start all over. kinda frustrating actually... I might just let him go in my back yard so i can start catching okeetees in a year or so. lol. if you want him, make me an offer. he should be ready to breed by next year.
All my snakes are extremely healthy and strong and feed readily on live or f/t rodents.
if you live near Vero Beach, Fl... i MIGHT be willing to drive them to you for a small fee to make sure they get there allright. No matter where you live (in FL) it doesnt hurt to ask... again i want them to go to the right people so that is why i paid 25$ to be a contributing member and why the price is right...

the male snow... 3 yrs old. lots of pink... proven pair with the female below.

another pic of him...

the female snow... 3 yrs old. lots of yellow... proven pair with the male above. im thinking 120$ for the pair.

my creamsickle motley male... 4 yrs old... thinking 60$

another of him...

Kathy Love's okeetee male from 2007... make an offer

another pic of him...

the prices dont include shipping fees... ive never shipped live snakes before so if you want them and you live far away, be patient. i will feed them well before shipping and ship them with a water bowl. my name is ben and my cell# is 772-201-4728. thanks for looking.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
...i dont know if i should hold onto him for awhile to see if i can locate her or drive down to ft. myers again in May and start all over. kinda frustrating actually... I might just let him go in my back yard so i can start catching okeetees in a year or so. lol.
I guess this was supposed to be a joke, and since you're new to the board you will probably find that there aren't many people on this board who would find the suggested release of a pet snake into the wild at all funny. Given the issues at hand with released pet pythons and turtles in Florida, this really isn't funny at all.

P.S. I'd suggest reading up on shipping since you clearly don't know how to. Snakes are never shipped with a meal and certainly not with a water bowl....

Old 01-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
LBoz
I'm thinking Ben was just kidding. Those are lovely snakes, and your decision to pay on a site to try to sell them speaks to your credibility in my book. Hyp is correct, though. You really should learn all you can regarding shipping, especially at this time of year. It has to be done carefully and thoughtfully so that they survive the stress of the transport. Hopefully you'll find someone nearby that can take them for you.

Do you mind me asking why you're selling? Are you trying to cut back, or are you getting out of the hobby altogether?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
benjamin
thank you hypancistrus for your concern... it WAS a joke.. although corn snakes are native to my area so i dont see where the comparison to pythons and turtles being released into the wild could be made here.

...and yes, i am new to the site, so thanks for trying to make me feel welcome already... thats why i said "be patient" if it has to be shipped far away. i would not send them this time of year anyways... :wavey

Old 01-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
benjamin
LBoz, im just trying to scale down. the fustration of having two females escape from my limited collection is making me rethink my breeding motives. i think im just going to get two okeetees for now and be content. there are so many different beautiful color and pattern morphs available that i sometimes take for granted the natural beauty of the corn snake.

should i not feed my snakes prior to shipping if i end up shipping them? if i did a water dish, i was going to get a deep one with a little water in the bottom and put a lid on top. then i was going to put a hole in the top of the lid to decrease the chance of water splashing out but still give the snake access to water. is this not done? like i said, ive never shipped a live snake before so forgive me...
i would much rather just drive them to anyone interested but if they must be shipped then they must be shipped and i will have to figure it out.
..........benjamin

Old 01-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
Em Wright
The snakes I've recieved did not have water dishes. They are usually shipped overnight, so the need for water is not great. I do know that you have to be FedEx certified in order to ship. Here's a helpful link to get you started. Shipping Info

Good luck selling them, they're all so pretty!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #7
benjamin
thank you very much Em Wright!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #8
Shiari
Also, the box containing the snake you send may not always be upright. When a_god_s sent Abrina to me, the lady who retrieved her was flipping the box around, reading all the sides.

For your *adult* corns to reach the water, that would have to actually be quite a large hole, which will easily spill all of the water.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
Em Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Also, the box containing the snake you send may not always be upright. When a_god_s sent Abrina to me, the lady who retrieved her was flipping the box around, reading all the sides.
Ooooh that gets me stoked up. When my Anery got shipped the lady nearly knocked the box off the counter... I came so close to chewing her out... Don't mess with my babies!!

And no problem Benjamin. Good luck finding those beauties good homes.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #10
onelifetolive45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Wright View Post
I do know that you have to be FedEx certified in order to ship.
Not necessarily true, but it does help. To be honest you waive a lot of your rights when you become a certified shipper with Fedex. Just throwing it out there. Good luck selling you snakes, that okettee is nice looking!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google