CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Genes

Old 03-01-2018, 04:33 AM   #11
GRIMJIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Sorry. Ghost is hypo+anery, and when bred to another anery based animal ALL the babies will be anery based. If you add amel (removes black pigment) to anery (removes red pigment) you end up with a snow (white snake because it lacks black and red).

The part that relates to you is that I bred a snake that was het amel to another snake that was het amel and out of 15 eggs only got one baby that was visually an amel which shows that the 25% truly is *per egg* rather than per the whole.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Old 03-01-2018, 04:34 AM   #12
GRIMJIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
Snow is Anery + Amel. Let's back up here. Give this a read: http://cornguide.com/geneticspages.php?page=1
Only read a few pages so far but a really good read! Thanks a lot for the link, will definitely be finishing reading when I get chance

Old 03-03-2018, 05:39 PM   #13
GRIMJIM
So let's see if I've got this right...

My corn is an anery
Her dad was an anery
Her mum was an amel
So that means she would HAVE TO be an anery het amel?
Now the fact that she is an anery suggests that her mum must of been an amel het anery?
So there's a chance her Dad could also have been het for something (e.g motley)
Meaning that my anery corn would also have the slight chance (about 25%) of also being het for the same thing (E.g motley)

Making my snake
anery het amel 50% poss het motley ??
(for example)

Old 03-03-2018, 06:33 PM   #14
Shiari
Basically correct. Any unknown hets that her parents had, she has a 50% chance of having as well.

Old 03-03-2018, 06:45 PM   #15
GRIMJIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Basically correct. Any unknown hets that her parents had, she has a 50% chance of having as well.
Cool cheers.
It's been a lot to wrap my head around lol, but I think it's starting to make sense now

Old 03-05-2018, 04:41 PM   #16
Corning
http://www.vmsherp.com/LearningCenter.htm

vms has a really cool section on their web site about genetics and they really break it down well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-05-2018, 05:26 PM   #17
GRIMJIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corning View Post
http://www.vmsherp.com/LearningCenter.htm

vms has a really cool section on their web site about genetics and they really break it down well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google