CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Belly wash/suffusion

Old 03-16-2018, 07:12 PM   #1
Seaweedthesnake
Belly wash/suffusion

Hello!

I’ve been diving into corn snake genetics and wow there is a lot! I think my biggest question right now is about belly wash.

So what I know is: it’s a pretty normal thing. Classics seem to develop a more orange belly wash. Bloodreds seem to develop some as well, I’ve seen mostly red but a couple with a more orange color. Redcoats seem to have red as well (seems pretty obvious haha!)

My questions are: are there any morphs that don’t usually develop it or can any of them develop it, it’s just hit or miss? Does anyone’s know why it develops or is that just hit or miss too? And is partial belly wash a pretty normal thing too?

Of course looking at my own snakes is what brought the confusion on! My granite and plasma have only some light gray speckles if anything with their belly checks (they are adults so I assume this is how they will stay). My baby hypo pied blood has no wash no checkers, all white though I assume that can change as he is just a baby (although maybe not because of the pied?) and my other baby has split belly checks with a strange speckled brown wash that only appears on the lower half of her. From what I was able to gather about her genetics recently, she is a classic with masque.

Would be great to hear what all you guys know! Thank you c:

Old 03-26-2018, 03:05 PM   #2
Katie612
The Diffused morph generally has a plain belly without any checks on it. Plasma is Diffused mixed with Lavender, Granite is Diffused mixed with Anery.

I've always loved this website for learning about morphs... http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/?m=diffused

Hope all is going well! (Other than Charlotte being a fatty... OOPS! )

Old 03-26-2018, 04:59 PM   #3
Seaweedthesnake
Oh I see! And thank you for the link c:

They are doing great! Hehe she’s a little chunky but she’s being such a good sport about getting out to roam and even go swimming in the bath tub! Milton also still is not interested in food but he is interested in constantly prowling for ladies so I guess I get it lol. We love them they are just so sweet <3

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google