• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ambient temps during the night??

Saml8

Set up for 4-6 month old snow corn:
-10 gal with UTH on one side hooked up to thermostat. Probe sits on glass above mat and keeps temp between 84-86 under substrate.
- I have a digital thermometer on the other side sitting on top of the substrate. During the day that temperature stays between 72 and 75 but at night it cools off quite a bit and the ambient temperature on the cool side gets down to the high 60's (67+).

*is there a way to heat ambient temperature at night (besides space heater).

Temperatures drop in the wild, too. I don't see an issue. If it gets too cold on the cool side it will move to the warm.

I think our member Karl had the solution. You don't really need to raise the temp in the whole vivarium. Have a heat pad on the warm side and one on the cool side set to the substrate temps you desire.

I would think that the corn would stay where it's comfortable. Your temps look good to me, but the two mat idea is a good one.

Back