• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Flower pics

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Been playing around with the new camera (Nikon D850) and am pretty impressed with the photos I am getting from it. I'm not even doing any sort of post processing of the images. Mostly been using the Nikkor 105mm micro lens for the close-up shots, but have also been using the 60mm and 200mm micro lenses here and there too.

Here are some pics of the flowers blooming on our fruit trees right now.

This first one is the first citrus bloom we've gotten so far this year. It's on one of Connie's Meyers lemon trees.

citrus_blossom_01_2018.jpg

Had a lot of leaf loss from the cold January we had, so I'm glad to see it if bouncing back nicely.

Some of the other citrus trees are about ready to explode with blooms. This is one of the new navel trees we put in.

citrus_buds_01_2018.jpg

The following pics are of the pear tree blooms and the last is from one of our asian pear trees.

flowers_pears_01_2018.jpg

flowers_pears_02_2018.jpg

flowers_asian_pears_01_2018.jpg

Connie and I noticed that we had quite a few wild azaleas blooming near the stream on the north end of our property, so I wanted to get some pics of them before the blooms were gone for the season. Seems the flowering season zips on by sometimes, so I didn't want to delay.

We also saw some wild clematis blooms the I believe are called "leather flowers" for some reason. And I got some pics of some other flowers here and there too, while I had the camera in hand.

These were taken with the Nikon D850 with the 105mm micro lens, if anyone is interested.

azaleas_03_2018_01.jpg

azaleas_03_2018_02.jpg

azaleas_03_2018_03.jpg

azaleas_03_2018_04.jpg

flowers_03_2018_01.jpg

flowers_03_2018_02.jpg

Some more flower pics, since I had the Nikon D850 outside. Lens used was the Nikkor 60mm micro lens.

flowers_07262018_01.jpg

flowers_07262018_02.jpg

flowers_07262018_03.jpg

flowers_07262018_04.jpg

flowers_07262018_05.jpg

Back