CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

"C" Anerythristic

Old 05-18-2005, 01:21 PM   #1
Rich Z
"C" Anerythristic

I'm not 100 percent sure yet, but so far the evidence is pretty overwhelming that this is in fact a new anerythristic gene. This year I have bred this line into Charcoal Ghost and Silver Queen Ghost to see what sort of results I get from them. So, I'll know a bit more by mid July about this line.

Old 05-18-2005, 01:42 PM   #2
bkk1
interesting. Hope it will be

Old 05-18-2005, 03:37 PM   #3
CrazyCorn
I want one of those! That is an awesome snake hope it proves out for ya Rich!

Old 05-18-2005, 03:38 PM   #4
gardenmum
Well, that definitely is not your average anery. Interesting looking definitely.

Old 05-18-2005, 03:40 PM   #5
SODERBERGD
What markings are on belly?

Just wondering if it has classic corn ventral markings . . .

Old 05-18-2005, 04:46 PM   #6
Rich Z
Heck, I have no idea what the belly looks like. The only time I even look at the belly on a snake is when it is belly side up, and then it doesn't really matter anyway. But I'll take a look. But getting pictures of the bellies is out of the question. The only snakes I've ever been able to do that for easily are hognose snakes.

Old 05-18-2005, 06:34 PM   #7
Joejr14
Rich, I'm guessing you wont have any of these suspected type 'C' anerys for sale this year?

If not, any idea when?

Old 05-18-2005, 06:41 PM   #8
Rich Z
Well I just pulled out one and took a look at the belly. Duh! These came out of my Upper Keys stock, so if you know what the bellies look like on those guys, then you know what these look like. Somewhat indistinct blotching, somewhat like what you see on a quasi blood red. I took a couple of photos of some younger ones, but those pics are still in the camera waiting to be downloaded to the computer. I'll post them when I get them off the camera. No belly shots, however.

As for offering any for sale this year, I guess it depends on how many I get. I'm still trying to figure out what the heck I am going to do with all of those babies where I bred these guys into Charcoal Ghosts and Silver Queens. Certainly the next generation from those, if this does prove out to be a new gene, will be giving people nightmares for quite a long time.

Well, I'm keying in my egg cards now, so I'll have a better idea of what I am actually going to be producing in a few more days. Fertility is running at roughly 89 percent, so it doesn't look too bad this year. Of course, I didn't make up cards on those few clutches that were complete losers, so the real figure is going to be a bit lower.

Old 05-19-2005, 12:52 AM   #9
carol
Well that definately looks a lot like what has cropped up here. Have you by any chance hatched any "snows" with this Anery?

Old 05-19-2005, 01:59 AM   #10
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
Well that definately looks a lot like what has cropped up here. Have you by any chance hatched any "snows" with this Anery?
No, I haven't. I figure by breeding this into all lines of Hypo as well as Charcoal and type 'A' Anerythrism, I will completely melt down everyone's brain with all of the mind bending results that will come from all of those combinations alone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google