CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

What are some cute things your corn does?

Old 08-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
AFI34974
What are some cute things your corn does?

My baby spends a lot of time in his clear Tupperware bowl. He had his head up on the lip of the cut-out and I asked him what he was looking at me for, and he came further up out of the hide. My corns seem to have a very distinct way of "begging" when they're looking for handouts, and he sure was begging today I said, "You want food then?" and he came further out, but then I said "Too bad, you were just fed yesterday. I'll give you cuddles though, if you want cuddles." of course he slid back inside and hasn't come out since

What do your corns do to show personality? Anybody have any "posh" corns that think YOU'RE the pet?

Old 08-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
Dakota314
Well, whenever I'm eating chips, my little girl Nina always crawls into the bag. It's like she needs the chips! Lol. Also whenever she is sitting on my neck she will crawl up my head using my hair and stick her head in my ear. It tickles like CRAZY. It also seems like her natural habitat was the couch, because whenever she gets the chance, she crawls right in.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
helifreak
So I am kinda new to corns, and have 2 new babies that are polar opposites. My amel is totally an extrovert and super silly - even as a little baby... My butter is super shy - I see her exploring at night, but as soon as she sees me in the room, she dives for cover.

Here are some pictures of my amel being her silly self:

#1 & 2 - Is the reaction I usually get after just walking in to the room and starting to do stuff (the snakes are in my man-cave/hobby room/home office)

"Hey what ya do'n? Ah, thats cool... I bet a snake could do that too! You should let me help!"

#3 & 4 - Sometimes I think she is more tree python than corn snake... she LOVES her tree - and loves basking after eating meals - and will fall asleep in the craziest positions...

#5 - Mission Impossible pose!

Obviously, she is not camera shy at all... My butter, on the other hand, thinks she is a groundhog... and spends most of her time buried.... boo.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
juliegarner
fantastic photos helifreak

Old 04-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
juliegarner
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifreak View Post
So I am kinda new to corns, and have 2 new babies that are polar opposites. My amel is totally an extrovert and super silly - even as a little baby... My butter is super shy - I see her exploring at night, but as soon as she sees me in the room, she dives for cover.

Here are some pictures of my amel being her silly self:

#1 & 2 - Is the reaction I usually get after just walking in to the room and starting to do stuff (the snakes are in my man-cave/hobby room/home office)

"Hey what ya do'n? Ah, thats cool... I bet a snake could do that too! You should let me help!"

#3 & 4 - Sometimes I think she is more tree python than corn snake... she LOVES her tree - and loves basking after eating meals - and will fall asleep in the craziest positions...

#5 - Mission Impossible pose!

Obviously, she is not camera shy at all... My butter, on the other hand, thinks she is a groundhog... and spends most of her time buried.... boo.
Haha cool pics. Love her little hut hide

Old 08-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #6
SnakeAround
Your amel is lovely!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 08:24 AM   #7
Karoni
I think it's funny when my two hiders, who rarely come out from underneath the newspaper, stick just their head out between the pages. That's all we usually see of Firefly. This little orange head amongst the folds of newspaper. Sienna will do that, too, but she sticks her head out on the side of the tank between the newspaper and the glass, with her chin sticking up straight in the air. That would give me a neck ache. Gotta admire their flexibility.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
Amberjolly
Lol my baby well he is a year but I call him my baby and I guess he can hear me call him that because he still thinks he is a baby.
I have a fake grass decoration in his cage and its just a small patch of long grass but he always thinks he is small enough to climb in it.
We have put a hide becide it to keep it up because when he tries to climb it it falls over and he just freezes and looks around like wtf? Lol and its soo cute.
Of course now that we have fixed it and it can hold most of his weight he has started climbing on the fake flowers which again cant hold his weight and falls over
he will never learn

Old 08-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #9
AliCat37
My motley has a cat water/food bowl that I use as a hide and water dish, sometimes when I walk up to his tub he'll stick the very tip of his nose out from under it and start flicking his tongue. He's really cute. My old anery (the escapee!) would come out of his hides and come up the front of the tub anytime I came near it. I swear, if I didn't know any better I would have said he wanted to come out. As for putting heads in my ear; my old anery used to do that! Now it's my boa's favorite thing haha.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #10
recluse-riolu
My baby loves to stretch himself completely out when i hold him. ^^ One time he caught me off guard and strated to flick his tongue on my nose, he just loves to stretch as far as his little body will let him