CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Food refusal with tank cruising and lid pushing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
Raptor
Food refusal with tank cruising and lid pushing

Wasn't sure where to put this since it's not just a feeding issue or a behavior issue. Also cross posting this from a python forum I'm on.
----

My corn refused her food for about three weeks starting during the end of March. I had been feeding her ft, but offered her pk and she ate. Last friday saw another food refusal coupled with her really cruising her cage. She ate the previous week, no problem. Here lately she's been really active. She's been cruising her cage heavily and has started pushing on her tank cover (no sign of rubbing on her nose, yet). I've owned her since August of last year. At the show they had her in with two males.

I'm fairly inexperienced with cornsnake breeding, but is there anyway that she could have been bred and kept the sperm for later (I swore I read somewhere that it's possible)? From my understanding, females get really restless before laying. However, I have no idea what a gravid female looks like. She seems the same to me. I'm not running any heat for her right now since It gets up into the 80s during the day and the lower 70s at night.

I don't know her age. The breeders didn't tell me much off anything. I do know that she's female, has been bred before, clutched, and was fed live all her life.

Hopefully, I'm just worrying for nothing and she's getting plenty of exercise.

Obligatory pictures:

Tank is 30" x 12" x 12"
The set up is nothing special. Hide on the left side, waterbowl in the middle. Right side had the UTD. She moved from side to side accordingly. She's had this set up since late december. The only difference from then is now is that I moved her hide off the UTD (had the hide on there since my room gets cooler in the winter). However, the hide has been moved since march, at least.

What she does most of the day.

Someone on the other forum requested pictures of her back half. Figured I'd post them here as well. Best I could do at the moment. She's actually not cruising and sitting still.