CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

cannibal corn ???

Old 11-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #11
big chris
@wild thank you for not degrading me brutal honesty I can deal with arrogance is not needed or appreciated. I have made up my mind and like I said I'm sorry that it is not what yall agree with but to think I do it with malice or some sadistic intent is just not true I just think it can be done safely and yall all disagree and as far as I know its still good and healthy to disagree with each other every now and again because you never know when you may be right or wrong.

Anyways again wild thank you for the way you disagreed with me atleast you didn't try to make me feel like a sadistic mass murder of snakes you've helped me before and I hope you would not hesitate to help me again I would never want to alienate someone who has been so helpful

Old 11-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #12
Jasonx
you came here for honest opinions on co-habbing, so dont just try and turn it around on us, it is YOUR choice!!

Old 11-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #13
BooBoo18
A bit of short reading for you.... my two snakes are kept in two seperate tanks!

Q: Can I house two snakes together in the same cage?
A: No! This is the eternal debate here on cornsnakes.com, and there is normally a post about this every week or two. There are literally hundreds of threads about this, and linked are a few of them. If you need an explination why, do a search. The top of the list is cannibalism, disease/parasite transmission, refusal to eat, and a variety of other things.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26675

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27177

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23636

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23436

Old 11-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #14
big chris
@jason yes I came for opinions as I have done many times before and yes I didn't like the way some of those opinions were presented. I'm sorry I don't have to like it I guarantee that nobody has to like my opinion either but to call me sick and act like I enjoy putting my snakes into a gladiator ring 9 snakes go I only one will be victorious is absurd. I don't think I am jeopardizing my snakes or I would not do it and yes I would play fetch with my dog in the street and walk her with out a leash because I feel it is safe it may end up in tragedy but it would not be what I wanted to happen it would be because I was wrong.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #15
Jasonx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo18 View Post
A bit of short reading for you.... my two snakes are kept in two seperate tanks!

Q: Can I house two snakes together in the same cage?
A: No! This is the eternal debate here on cornsnakes.com, and there is normally a post about this every week or two. There are literally hundreds of threads about this, and linked are a few of them. If you need an explination why, do a search. The top of the list is cannibalism, disease/parasite transmission, refusal to eat, and a variety of other things.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26675

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27177

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23636

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23436

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

Old 11-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #16
Jasonx
Quote:
Originally Posted by big chris View Post
@jason yes I came for opinions as I have done many times before and yes I didn't like the way some of those opinions were presented. I'm sorry I don't have to like it I guarantee that nobody has to like my opinion either but to call me sick and act like I enjoy putting my snakes into a gladiator ring 9 snakes go I only one will be victorious is absurd. I don't think I am jeopardizing my snakes or I would not do it and yes I would play fetch with my dog in the street and walk her with out a leash because I feel it is safe it may end up in tragedy but it would not be what I wanted to happen it would be because I was wrong.
please get rid of your animals, they would be very better off in another SAFER home,

Old 11-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #17
big chris
Thank you booboo yes I realize it is a never ending struggle on here I believe I even referenced that in my first thread I have weighed the opinions and made my decision but as I am yet not perfect I am ever evolving and learning and I decided to ask a ? Yes a ? That has been asked before but not by me and maybe never answerewd by you or the other posters here.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #18
AliCat37
Quote:
Originally Posted by big chris View Post
I don't think I am jeopardizing my snakes or I would not do it and yes I would play fetch with my dog in the street and walk her with out a leash because I feel it is safe it may end up in tragedy but it would not be what I wanted to happen it would be because I was wrong.
Cohabbing your snakes is practically playing fetch with your dog in the street.. I strongly believe that cohabbing, as well as feeding live, and so many other hot button topics are simply not a matter of if, but when. Why would you be willing to shorten the life span of your snakes simply because you feel that it is entertaining to keep them together? You say that you would not have wanted your dog to be hit by a car for playing in the street and that it would happen because you were wrong to do so- so you are basically admitting that you know that it is risky business to keep your snakes together, but you are doing so anyway even if harm is not the intent. I take plenty of pleasure in watching my older, more people-social corns come out of their hides and do all the things you describe, but alone. They don't enjoy each other's company. I bet if you were to clean out and disinfect your cage you would notice the snakes expressing fighting behavior upon placing them together- not to mention that them being curled up together is fighting behavior. I kept corns together when I first got them, and then I learned (not even from this site) as to why it is not a good idea- the one would always twitch as he neared the other- and this is an expression of aggression, had they not have been separated who knows what would have resulted.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #19
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonx View Post
please get rid of your animals, they would be very better off in another SAFER home,
I second this. I feel that to force animals that are solitary in nature to live together is putting them at risk and is akin to cruelty.
They don't "like " each other.
The way you are forcing them to live is the same as locking a person in a small room with another person that they hate.
Your snakes are not cuddling, they are competing for resources.
And by doing what you are doing, you are most likely shortening their lifespans.
Very very selfish.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #20
big chris
This is going no where we have gone back and forth between name calling and passing judgment. I am not sorry I started the tread I got a lot of really strong opinions and whether you believe it or not that's why I started the thread for opinions but telling me my 13 year old dog would be happier somewhere else FU kid I'm done with this tonight we aren't getting anywhere or accomplishing anything

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google