CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

is my corn a snow?

Old 01-27-2011, 05:54 AM   #1
kandkdavies
Question is my corn a snow?

i bought a snow this week, after looking at picture gallerys on the net im not convinced that he is. he seems to be pastel pink/coral with 2heavier lines from his head down his back (dorsolateral?) and 2 lighter stripes down his sides for 2/3 of his body. from there on he has grey/blue blotches. other snows i`ve seen dont seem to have the pink/coral colouration, could this be because hes still young(5mnth)? not that it makes a difference he is an amazing looking snake, cant post pic, hes only been here 4days and hes still a bit shy so i`ve not managed to get a good one!!

Old 01-27-2011, 06:09 AM   #2
bitsy
Unfortunately a pic is the only way we'll be able to give our ideas. Don't worry - we can wait.

Snows certainly shouldn't have any darker colours like grey/blue. Whites and pinks are usual for youngsters, with some developing pale yellow or orange washes around their top third as they get older.

Can't wait to see photos, but you're right not to disturb him for them. New arrivals ideally need to be left alone for a week to settle in.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:43 AM   #3
kandkdavies
thank you for your reply, we also have amy an amelanistic shes 4 months old very friendly and calm. loves to come out and play with me my hubby and
5kids. had her 2.5 months and she managed to escape sunday, she was soon found cold and curled up on a vodafone leaflet. pics will be posted as soon as i know how how. lol

Old 01-27-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
ShenziSixaxis
Upload an image to a website such as Imageshack.com, then copy the image url (the address) and place it in img brackets.

[IMG]image url/address HERE[/IMG]

THIS looks like a good tutorial, but I'll admit I didn't actually read it. Shenzi's tired at 4am.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:01 AM   #5
kandkdavies
thank u. we will give it a go.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google