CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Morphs' behavioral differences?

Old 02-27-2010, 03:11 AM   #1
omni
Morphs' behavioral differences?

I was wondering about this for a while now - to me, it seems like Amels and those morphs those based on that are more reclusive and likely to avoid the well lit areas in the vivs.
I compare the aneries, normals and ghost to the amels, butter, amber, snow and blizzard I've had. I know- very small sample, but I've only had about 2 dozen cornsnakes over the years.
Only 2 amels didnt fit in nicely to either category(active bitey serpents!). My darker corns were mostly laid back, and amel-based ones were timid.

So my point is, does amelanism in corns have an effect on lower tolerance to light making them want to hide more of the time?

Part 2: I think I read somewhere Sunkissed corns are more apt to be feisty. Any credit to this? My Sunkissed Amel, "Kissy" sure has me believing as she is a handful. Named so 'cuz she will kiss you if your hand is in front of her face

Old 02-27-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
Shiari
My amel doesn't care either way, nor does my snow. My most aggressive corns are my oldest anery female, Abrina, (everything that moves is FOOD!) and my probably charcoal Vanay-who-is-too-lovely-for-my-profane-hands-how-dare-I-touch-her. My little LBR ghost creature also seems to have a permanent triangle head going on.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
jesserca
I have three amels and actually all three are in the open more than any others. One of them I actually get worried when she's not in plain view. I heard once than bloodreds can have breeding problems and have attitudes, but right now my only breeding pair are bloodreds and I never been bit by any. I don't think morph has too much to do with it.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
Candachan
Amel based morphs could be acting reclusive because their eyes are sensitive to light, so they hide more.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #5
kalena
My amel male (Rio) is out ALL THE TIME. I'd always heard how corns love to hide - and my females sure do. But 90% of the time, Rio is curled and snoozing on his branches or in his fake tree like a boa constrictor. Even when he goes in one of his hides, he sticks his head out and sleeps that way. I kinda wonder if behavior in snakes is hereditary or what...?

Old 01-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
OkeeteeMom
Reviving This Thread...

I was looking for an answer just now, to this same question.

My JuJube hides out 99% of the time. I myself leaned toward the idea that Omni and Candachan share regarding light sensitivity, since my other 3 corns are normals and are extremely active in daylight.

PS...JuJube does keep his head only poked out about 50% of the time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google