CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

cannibal corn ???

Old 11-29-2011, 11:11 PM   #71
Holly12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalchow View Post
Really Why?
LOL I was saying that to you I was saying that to him I hope you did not think I was talking to you? it was him I was talkng too lol.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #72
AliCat37
This is all I am going to add to this conversation: I have 9 snakes. None of which are housed with another. I have a friend who has over 100 snakes- NONE of them are housed with another. Why? Because those of us who have been keeping reptiles for a long period of time do not feel that there is ever, EVER any need to risk the lives and health of our snakes. It costs about $8 to go pick up a 90 quart sterlite bin from walmart that you can deck out and decorate as a natural viv. I see absolutely no excuses for cohabbing ever. I believe that the OP is a selfish individual for cohabbing for the reasons he has stated. There are some members here that have kept some female snakes together without noticable issue- however, I still STRONGLY believe that they are shortening their corn snakes' lives significantly because of this. Many members who DO NOT cohab have animals that are over 23 years old. I do not know of anyone who co habs to have snakes which live this long. No snakes "long" for companionship, all they want is to be left alone. The presence of another snake in their territory is stressful. I also do not believe that the OP knows the sexes of his snakes, this can and will lead to early breeding. I received a cohabbed pair once and the female was so badly damaged from over breeding and premature breeding I was surprised she was still alive. She was always harassed by the male and bleeding from her cloaca. The resulting eggs were incubated and, from a lack of planning on my exes' part, they were cohabbed. One of them had a regurge and who knows which one it was- I could have lost all those hatchlings from cannibalism. The closest I have come to cohabbing is housing my two - year old corns in a 4x2 cage that is divided into 2x2 sections- they never see each other or come into contact with each other. In the end, it is your choice what you do with your snakes- but choosing to ignore everyone's advice will some day lead to the premature deaths of your snakes. This may be next week, next year, or five years from now, but it will happen.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:45 PM   #73
big chris
Holly I don't know why you were "saying that to him" I didn't say anything else other than to thank someone for the way they spoke to me, please back off and understand this is over I will take any more aggressive comments from anybody to a moderator for this entire thread and ask that everybody be sanctioned if it results in me not be welcome back I will regret it but I am so very tired of this fight

Old 11-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #74
big chris
Thanks allycat it was a good post like I said early on a hand full of post would be considered
helpful and yours was one of them but just for a point of reference and I won't start a fight with you because I do value your opinion I don't want to keep my snakes in rubermaid totes I like having them on display yes I'm sorry that goes back to the fact that they are here for me to enjoy I do have several empty tanks right now that are not in use so space and equipment are not the issue nor is money the 9$ reference was a cheap s
hot but it is my choice like I said I hope I'm not wrong but I think all things considered it is reasonably safe to cohab

Old 11-29-2011, 11:55 PM   #75
Christen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly12 View Post
LOL I was saying that to you I was saying that to him I hope you did not think I was talking to you? it was him I was talkng too lol.
I didn't really care who you said it to be honest. I just didn't find it helpful. I figured since the OP didn't respond he understood where I was coming from and knew there was not an argument with me.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:56 PM   #76
big chris
Thanks allycat it was a good post like I said early on a hand full of post would be considered
helpful and yours was one of them but just for a point of reference and I won't start a fight with you because I do value your opinion I don't want to keep my snakes in rubermaid totes I like having them on display yes I'm sorry that goes back to the fact that they are here for me to enjoy I do have several empty tanks right now that are not in use so space and equipment are not the issue nor is money the 9$ reference was a cheap s
hot but it is my choice like I said I hope I'm not wrong but I think all things considered it is reasonably safe to cohab

Old 11-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #77
AliCat37
Quote:
Originally Posted by big chris View Post
That is why I suggested the 90 quarts- they're I think 16 inches wide, 30 long, and 12 high. They make nice display tubs for sure. I keep most of my snakes in tubs right now because my collection grew fast, but I keep four of them in big Showcasecages. I know you think it is safe, but do please give it some more thought, especially as they grow older. At the very least have them sexed and separate the males from the females.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:05 AM   #78
Jasonx
why is it you asked for this to be dropped yet you continue to reply, let it drop through the list -__-

Old 11-30-2011, 12:06 AM   #79
big chris
No you are right again like allycat, cmalchow I do understand finally that you are trying to be helpful I just didn't find that most people here today were. I think most people even one that opposes bullying in there main logo wanted a fight and wanted to be a bully so they could be proven right in a scenario where the only way to be proven right would be to have someone me loose there animals but they don't care they just want me to know they are right regardless

Old 11-30-2011, 12:15 AM   #80
big chris
@jason you are right I did ask for it to be dropped but I felt that the 2 last messages were actual attempts to be helpful so I did choose to reply to them

You are a smart young man, I would just ask that you open your eyes and ears don't be so closed minded and angry bro there was no need for the personal attacks don't get sucked into the immature world of adults and our love of arguing you are the future of reptiles and getting into fights like this will do nothing to help you me or anybody it did nobody any good just caused a lot of hard feelings.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google