CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

View Poll Results: Have you been bitten by a CORN?
Yes, more than once. 108 36.99%
Yes, only once 34 11.64%
Nope, not yet 150 51.37%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Bitten?

Old 07-06-2005, 07:01 PM   #71
Kp&Co
Ayuh - couple times...

by critters <1yr old:

Once on the finger, during feeding time, when he swarmed out of his box and I tried to move him BEFORE his mouth was full

Once on the eyebrow [gently], after she drifted out of my hair onto my face when I wasn't paying attention. Hmmm handy tip: eyebrows sort of look like mice when you're a snake!

Both were no big deal - just tiny pin-pricks, which I let bleed out, then disinfected. I don't think I'd like being bitten by my two adult snakes though!

Old 07-06-2005, 07:17 PM   #72
Skye
a couple of times by adults when I wasn't paying attention during feeding time and it was completely my own fault....and very regularly by my killer corn who has so far not tamed at all and has drawn blood almost weekly since the day she hatched (over two years ago)

Old 07-17-2005, 08:01 PM   #73
Emanon
I just got an Anery Motley adult breeder pair who I know are going to give me my first bite by a corn. I think the male will. Taking him out of the viv is interesting. I grab hold of him and he is in constant boogie mode! He wants to just take off!!! I must say he has made me a bit anxious. :-)
I have been bitten by a rosie boa hatchling no biggie, and kinda bitten by a cal king. I had to ask the snake if he was biting my finger.

Old 07-18-2005, 03:54 AM   #74
colinmcc
In 13 years of corn ownership, never been tagged once.

A couple have had a go but none of them have ever landed.

Old 07-19-2005, 01:06 AM   #75
Emanon
Yeah that mean little cuss just tagged my very experienced buddy three times. He musked, bit, and tried to split. Since he is a beautiful anery motley I must acquit.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:07 PM   #76
Snowfyre
Been bitten

I have an okeetee that has has alot of fun biting me. He's not mean, just had a very active feeding response. My friend laughs at me for it. I still love him. At least Cornsnakes don't slash bite like ball pythons. Never try to pry a ball python from the inside of an electric stove. We BOTH got shocked and he took it out on me. Oh well. Ended up with a set of slash marks over the top of my hand. Right now, I have this little baby ghost corn, the ONLY baby out of 38 that have an attitude. She flattens her head so its a nice fat triangle and rattles her tail. Doing her best rattlesnake impersonation. I almost sold it but the person seemed uncertain about her behavior. I told them that she'd settle down. But if she was unsure, then I had no problem finding a different one. The corn rather entertaining to watch. I've also been bit by garter snakes. Ratsnakes, almost no pain and bleed like hell. Garter snakes, hurt like hell, swell up and so they don't bleed. Something about the toxins and stuff in their saliva. Give me a cornsnake bite anyday.

Old 07-19-2005, 06:25 PM   #77
Mets38
Pictures of snake bite

Our okeetee bit my son on our last feeding day. When he took him out of his aquarium he just latched on and then coiled around his whole hand. He had to pry him off before he could get to his mouth to get him to let go. It was pretty funny. He immediately went for the camera. He was very proud of his wounds! It must be a guy thing.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:47 AM   #78
Mary-Beth
My first bite.
Had to be an adult didn't it.

Old 07-24-2005, 11:34 PM   #79
dionythicus
I got tagged by one of our new adult corns last night. I'd had her out during the day with no problems. But later, when we had friends over and I went to take her out, she nailed my hand pretty good. I think I surprised her. Her old name was Cleo, but I think I'm going to call her Demona. LOL

Old 07-24-2005, 11:50 PM   #80
wavenup
im gonna start wearing gloves and long sleves when taming my snake

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google