CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

me and my snake have fun time!

Old 12-28-2006, 05:12 PM   #21
Drucifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
You may have put your text in simpleton English, but I doubt that it was in simple English. Your posts are nearly as difficult to translate as piratetroll's. This is a discussion board, not a chat room. You can be assured that you will not be taken seriously as long as you write like a six-year old.
I learnt that the hard way.
On another forum of course.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:17 PM   #22
Nanci
George

Something else to consider before using chatroom abbreviations on a forum read worldwide is that they make no sense at all to non-native English speakers.

That was nice of you to try to help Borat, even though he's probably a troll.

Nanci

Old 12-28-2006, 05:30 PM   #23
Drucifer
Moving swiftly on...

Is this person a troll?

Old 12-28-2006, 05:32 PM   #24
rushrulz
I'm opposed to the use of chatspeak on message boards, believe me, but I'm not sure that all non-native English speakers understand "real" English better than chatspeak. I seem to remember hearing from someone (perhaps on a message board) who actually understood chatpseak better, I suppose because it's used so often.

However, that's no excuse, either way. I'm no expert on dyslexia, but I don't believe that there's a form of it that causes a person to write "ne1," "sum1," "ppl," etc. Nor is there a form, to my knowledge, that leads to snake knot-tying. Perhaps, at best, some sort of compulsive disorder?

Old 12-28-2006, 05:32 PM   #25
Jdizzyfizzy
meh well it seems he was talking down to me, and on here age doesent matter one bit, i dont care if ur 10 or 100 you will talk to me with respect and i will then return the favour, calling me a little kid and things make you sound like an old man sat on his computer saying things like "back in my days" well, i wont be talken to like that, on here i see ur username thats all that matters to me, ur a fellow Cornsnake.com member and ill treat you like one if you treat me like one, okay! thank you, and next time you talk down to me remember i wont stand for it... thanks, and lol nanci your different, you wont be seen calling kids names like that man.. keep rocking hun

Old 12-28-2006, 05:36 PM   #26
Drucifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdizzyfizzy
meh well it seems he was talking down to me, and on here age doesent matter one bit, i dont care if ur 10 or 100 you will talk to me with respect and i will then return the favour, calling me a little kid and things make you sound like an old man sat on his computer saying things like "back in my days" well, i wont be talken to like that, on here i see ur username thats all that matters to me, ur a fellow Cornsnake.com member and ill treat you like one if you treat me like one, okay! thank you, and next time you talk down to me remember i wont stand for it... thanks, and lol nanci your different, you wont be seen calling kids names like that man.. keep rocking hun
Another point:
Don't judge people before you get to know them.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:38 PM   #27
Jdizzyfizzy
he judged me actually, so a point for you, read the whole thread before you start, he was calling my spelling bad, or somthing like that, i mean whats my spelling got to do with cornsnakes i dont care about how much cred i get on here, i come to talk about my snake not my spelling.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:45 PM   #28
Drucifer
Quote:
he judged me actually, so a point for you, read the whole thread before you start, he was calling my spelling bad, or somthing like that, i mean whats my spelling got to do with cornsnakes i dont care about how much cred i get on here, i come to talk about my snake not my spelling.
I did read the whole thread actually.
So don't jump to conclusions.
I will say no more on this subject.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #29
Jdizzyfizzy
good................

Old 12-28-2006, 06:04 PM   #30
Roy Munson
Quote:
I'll agree with you on one point: age doesn't matter one bit. There are MANY young posters here for whom I only have the utmost respect. These young posters know the difference between a discussion board and a chat room. I AM old (sorry Nanci; you're only as old as you feel, and I feel old), so it doesn't offend me in any way when you point it out. And "back in my day", if you engaged adults in conversation, you had to do so in an adult manner, or you were not taken seriously. That has not changed, despite your excuses and delusions. The ESTABLISHED forum members here value mature communication skills. We don't want this place to be a rubbish-heap of silly chat-speak. Ask around.

And spare me the threats. You won't even be here in three months, so your respect for me, or lack thereof, doesn't bother me in the slightest. Nor do I have the least bit of concern for what you will or will not stand for.

Yours truly,
Methuselah

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google