CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

me and my snake have fun time!

Old 12-28-2006, 08:13 PM   #41
SaulsMom
C'mon Jizzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
The ESTABLISHED forum members here value mature communication skills. We don't want this place to be a rubbish-heap of silly chat-speak. Ask around.

And spare me the threats. You won't even be here in three months, so your respect for me, or lack thereof, doesn't bother me in the slightest. Nor do I have the least bit of concern for what you will or will not stand for.

Yours truly,
Methuselah
Why does this come up over and over on forums? (The Guinea Pig forum I was on a year or so ago used to flame about every three weeks on chat speak.)

Jizzy, stop ranting and then apologizing. This is the second time I've seen you do this. If you go to the New Member Introductions section of the forum, there's a Sticky with an FAQ for new members. Here's a quote:

Quote:
3) PROPER SPELLING AND GRAMMAR – This is a VERY important thing. If your posts and questions are filled with misspellings and poor grammar, you won’t be taken too seriously and no one will want to read your posts. This means you won’t receive nearly as much help. A little effort goes a long way. Chat speak in posts is typically not well received.
If you’re not a great speller, there is a spellcheck you can use before submitting your posts. If you’re not a grammar expert, just make sure you capitalize the right words and use periods/question marks.
Note for Non-Native English speakers: Don’t worry if your English isn’t perfect. We are all understanding of these situations. There are many members from countries where English is not the first language. Just do your best and no one will hold it against you.
(Bolding mine.)

If there's an FAQ about it, you can be sure that at some point someone is going to ask you to speak and type in full sentences. I've been lurking for ages, and I'm surprised that it took everyone so long to ask you to shape up. Jizzy, sometimes your sentences don't even make sense when I say them out loud, so it's not just a spelling, dysgraphic, or dyslexic issue.

OK, now you can label me as an old crank. Actually, I'm a mother and a School Board Member who has to write and speak clearly in public *while* upholding the standards of the Public Education System. If I can do it, with all the grey matter I've lost over the years, then surely you as a bright and engaging youngster can do it.

SaulsMom

Old 12-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #42
Jdizzyfizzy
i beleave he's been banned now, i think he was doing it to annoy people!

Old 12-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #43
connord94
Quote:
Originally Posted by connord94
See, how simple, and seriously, you don't wanna' be tying knots in your snake, or biting him (Salmonella)
Oh, sorry Jdizzyfizzy, I thought it was you who said that you tie knots in your snake. and bite him

Old 12-28-2006, 08:18 PM   #44
Jdizzyfizzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulsMom
Why does this come up over and over on forums? (The Guinea Pig forum I was on a year or so ago used to flame about every three weeks on chat speak.)

Jizzy, stop ranting and then apologizing. This is the second time I've seen you do this. If you go to the New Member Introductions section of the forum, there's a Sticky with an FAQ for new members. Here's a quote:

(Bolding mine.)

If there's an FAQ about it, you can be sure that at some point someone is going to ask you to speak and type in full sentences. I've been lurking for ages, and I'm surprised that it took everyone so long to ask you to shape up. Jizzy, sometimes your sentences don't even make sense when I say them out loud, so it's not just a spelling, dysgraphic, or dyslexic issue.

OK, now you can label me as an old crank. Actually, I'm a mother and a School Board Member who has to write and speak clearly in public *while* upholding the standards of the Public Education System. If I can do it, with all the grey matter I've lost over the years, then surely you as a bright and engaging youngster can do it.

SaulsMom

I understand clearly what you are saying, i promise i will start using the spell checker, thats a promise! and Ive said sorry for real this time.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:19 PM   #45
Jdizzyfizzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by connord94
Oh, sorry Jdizzyfizzy, I thought it was you who said that you tie knots in your snake. and bite him
Nope, i would never ever do this to my snake, hes the world to me, and he ties knots in himself :P

Old 12-28-2006, 08:36 PM   #46
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdizzyfizzy
Nope, i would never ever do this to my snake, hes the world to me, and he ties knots in himself :P
Yep. And some people around here have kingsnakes that bite themselves. Let's hope Damien doesn't start doing that too.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:41 PM   #47
Jdizzyfizzy
hopefully not, hes started settling down now, i mean when i first got him he always wanted to escape Ive held him twice today and he just sat there and funny enough was licking me for 10Min's it was SO relaxing :P

Old 12-28-2006, 08:42 PM   #48
Jrgh17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
I really don't see why you can't just take the time to make sure your posts are written in a readable, intelligent manner. I promise, it does not take long. If you type like an intelligent human being, you will be treated like one. Not only that, but it makes it a lot easier to understand the message of the post and give a good answer to whatever questions are in it, when you don't have to spend five minutes deciphering your so called 'modern' typing.

Also, it's kids like you, who are too lazy to put any effort into making your posts readable, who give a bad reputation to the rest of us younger members.

Please, just type your posts correctly, and you'll cause a lot less friction between yourself and other members. It's really not that hard. You've even got a spell-check function at the bottom of every post-input screen, so there's no excuse (other than laziness) not to use it.
Shade-

I was very impressed by this post. You appear very intelligent, make some excellent points, and present your ideas in a respectable manner.

It's very true that a lot of younger people don't get the respect they deserve, and it often IS due to the actions of those which came before them. We may be the future, but the 'adults' are currently in power. In order to be respected in an 'adult' world, one must act/speak/present themself in a manner fitting with 'adult' expectations.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:59 AM   #49
Lore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
I'm not buying the dyslexia excuse. Dyslexia doesn't prevent you from using spell check. Dyslexia doesn't make you type the word "people" as "ppl". You're just lazy. And you'll have to forgive me if I don't really care how much a lazy, silly little kid assesses my worth.
Indeed, I am a diagnosed dyslexic. Not something that anyone would have known, as I check over what I have written, I use spellcheck, OH and if you have been DIAGNOSED as dyslexic, you are helped to work with it to where after time, it no longer hinders you greatly.

I don't buy it either.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:54 AM   #50
Shrap
Voodoovinne I ment pirate snake I was agreeing with Jdizzyfizzy not flamming him. Sorryfor the misunderstanding everyone.

Jdizzyfizzy georgeous snake. Sorry about my first impresionI put my self on the naughty stair for days

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google