CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Bitten!

Old 10-02-2003, 03:11 AM   #1
Rachel
Bitten!

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in Misc issues but I suppose it's a behavioural thing...

I'm looking after my mum's snake Sid (Viscious!) just now and last night he bit me!! It's the first time he has bitten me 'properly', not just a strike, and he even managed to draw blood (albeit a very tiny dot of blood!). It was so funny, afterwards he was ok with me but a bit 'grumpy'. Kinda like he was letting me know that one was not amused at being left with strangers while we were on holiday. After I put him back in his tank, he was prowling around, trying to look really mean and scary but he's so small and cute! LOL, poor guy, I've probably just ruined his reputation.

Mum, if you're reading this YOU WILL TAKE HIM BACK!! (she's all worried now incase he bites her!)

Old 10-03-2003, 04:59 AM   #2
rachel132002
haha my biggest one did that to me the other day he was sitting there and i just went to put his hide back after filling the water bowl in it up and BAM it was probably because he was in shed but it was funny cuz he was TRYING to look big and scary but was just lookin cute and pathetic hanging on to my hand - it's funny, just makes you jump a bit.

Rach

Old 10-03-2003, 10:52 PM   #3
Chip
Wink You folks from the UK sure have a different sense of humor!

When it has happened (that I got bitten by a snake I trusted), I would tend to freak out or be angry about it first! Typical American, I suppose; I'll point guns at them soon!

Old 10-04-2003, 06:08 AM   #4
EtherRex
Haha, if I pointed a gun at my snake, she'd probably just try and crawl up the barrel!

Silly snakes

Old 10-06-2003, 03:14 AM   #5
Rachel
Re: You folks from the UK sure have a different sense of humor!

Quote:
Originally posted by elrojo
Typical American, I suppose; I'll point guns at them soon!
LMAO!! I was a bit freaked at first because it's the first time I've been bitten where it drew blood but it passed pretty quick and he isn't a snake I trust much anyway. He is very skittish and I have been struck at a few times by him. Don't get me wrong, he's a great snake but I trust me other two far more than him!

Old 10-06-2003, 09:31 AM   #6
CAV
The best thing about keeping snakes is watching people’s reactions when I discuss the "hazards" of keeping them:

"Have you ever been bitten?"

"Oh yeah! All the time."

"Does it hurt?"

"Only when they administer the anti-venom........J/K!"

Old 10-06-2003, 10:01 AM   #7
Rachel
Yeah when people come round to our flat for the first time and see the tanks they are all like 'oooh, what's in there?' -snakes/ghekos- 'cooool' and they stick their faces next to the tank to try and see the snakes (breath clouding up the tank style close!!) 'do they bite?' -oh yeah, they are totally crazy!- and then I laugh when they recoil back so fast that they nearly fall over. Hmm, I'm not really helping the keeping of reptiles issue am I??
Nah, kidding aside, I explain that corns make great pets (except my mum's one) and let them handle them. Most are ok with them although there are one or two who refuse to be in the same room when the snakes are out!

Old 10-06-2003, 11:49 AM   #8
EtherRex
A good friend of mine was aghast when I said we were getting a snake. She is seriously averse to them and actually feels sick looking at a picture of a snake. (I tested this out )

However, after 3-4 visits to our house (which strangely enough always seem to happen whilst im handling the snake ) she is now asking how 'Toes' is doing! I tell ya, a few more months and she will be holding the mouse for feeding!

I am the serpente Evangelist! All the world will learn to love them! (cue evil laughter)

Jack

Old 10-06-2003, 12:44 PM   #9
limey
I think you guys should handle my emoryi hes a "little nasty" - i think having had him for about 4 weeks now the strike indicdents has reach at least a hundred - the funny thing is my cream also bites me all the time (maybe emoryi/emoryi crosses hate me ! ). i have recieved more bites froom the two of them then i have in 10 years prevous all but together. Still there small and cute although the annoying thing is i got hte cream out the other day to show my friend just how annoyed a snake can get wiht humans and he sat there in my palm and did absoulty nothing ......damn emoryi crosses its why breeders are so opossed to breeding them !!!

Old 10-06-2003, 01:59 PM   #10
EtherRex
Sounds like fun Limey

Emoryi have the same bite as corns right? Still, not my idea of a great time, getting tagged everyday.

Im currently planning on getting a Jungle Carpet Python as soon as practical and I hear that they are VERY nippy as youngsters, and have pretty decent size teeth also. Just love the look of them though.

Ah well, stock up on anti-septic cream I guess....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google