• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Found snake in prison.. Lol.. Help I.D. Please..

I'm going to test the waters with him. From everything I have seen on Red Racers he should be really aggressive. This guy is so calm and content. If he eats well over the next couple weeks and everything else works out well I will hold onto him. If he has any problems I will find a good spot to let him go.

What a cool story!! I wonder what they were thinking when you walked right up and grabbed it. :) Very cool looking snake, I love the pattern.

It is curious on why so calm. Maybe she's like a dog that knows the "alpha" and is behaving. Have you had anyone else hold her? If so, is she just as calm? I'm just pulling this thought out of left field here. Lol

My wife hasn't held him yet... I'm waiting to see his full temperament and personality before I let anyone else mess with him...

Update...

He is eating and doing just fine. He seems to be adjusting very well. It is very unusual to watch a snake that strikes its prey and doesn’t constrict it. He just grabs onto it and holds it till there is no more movement, normal for this type of snake. Very interesting to watch...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 54
Wow! Very interesting. Is he eating live or prekilled? You gonna keep him? I love his face shape. <3 Kinda looks permanently grumpy.

I thought he looked really pissed too.. Lol... Being from the wild I am not going to try the pre-killed just yet. As long as he is eating and drinking well I'm good with that for now.. Besides he had no problem getting that mouse whatsoever!!! As time goes by and he becomes more comfortable I will do the feeding tub and try pre-killed and F/T... One step at a time right now...

I thought he looked really pissed too.. Lol... Being from the wild I am not going to try the pre-killed just yet. As long as he is eating and drinking well I'm good with that for now.. Besides he had no problem getting that mouse whatsoever!!! As time goes by and he becomes more comfortable I will do the feeding tub and try pre-killed and F/T... One step at a time right now...

I have caught many of wild snakes I try them all on dead first , if they dont eat then I try live. If he is eating there is no reason not to try dead. If he was a fussy feeded that is one thing but if he eats right away then you should try dead ASAP.

I agree- he'd probably take a nice hot FT very easily. Dry it with a blow dryer if you have any doubts!

Nancy I have had wild caught snakes from the Okeetee eat FT mouse a few hours after being captured while I was holding the snakes in my hands.

Back