CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Found snake in prison.. Lol.. Help I.D. Please..

Old 07-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
702marine
Found snake in prison.. Lol.. Help I.D. Please..

So a quick story behind this snake. I am a State Corrections Officer for the State of Nevada. As I am doing my normal dalily duties I hear a running around and things that are not normal for recreational yard time. I pop my head out front of the unit I'm working and all I here is "Officer Officer there is a snake. After I was able to stop myself from laughing that 150 hardened murders and gangbangers were running scared from a snake; I walked over and grebbed this beautiful guy. I boxed him up and brought him home because he will be killed if left on the prison and I'm almost sure he is living fat and happy on the little animals that live there.

Now I would like some help from my friends here as to what kind of snake he is. I know he is non-vinmous and he is most likely a Rat Snake, what type I don't know. Any help would be nice.

Thank you,

P.S. I hope everyone can go to the link to see the pic. I am working from my iPhone so I cannot upload pics.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
Shiari
No link provided.

*edit* "content not found"

Old 07-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
702marine
non-venomous***

Old 07-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
702marine
If anybody is able to receive an email from me and post the pics for me let me know please. I will not be home for several hours and I cannot post pics from my iPhone.. Thank you....

Old 07-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
Christen
You can try emailing me. christenscorns@yahoo.com

Old 07-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #7
Christen
Here are the pictures.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #8
ratsncorns
Looks like a coachwhip (red racer), Coluber flagellum piceus

http://www.californiaherps.com/snake....f.piceus.html

Old 07-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #9
airenlow
Yep, did it bite the heck out of you?

Old 07-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #10
jessicalb
That's what I was thinking! He's lovely!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google