CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Found snake in prison.. Lol.. Help I.D. Please..

Old 07-29-2011, 11:52 PM   #21
702marine
I'm going to test the waters with him. From everything I have seen on Red Racers he should be really aggressive. This guy is so calm and content. If he eats well over the next couple weeks and everything else works out well I will hold onto him. If he has any problems I will find a good spot to let him go.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #22
Miqote
What a cool story!! I wonder what they were thinking when you walked right up and grabbed it. Very cool looking snake, I love the pattern.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #23
pridecity
It is curious on why so calm. Maybe she's like a dog that knows the "alpha" and is behaving. Have you had anyone else hold her? If so, is she just as calm? I'm just pulling this thought out of left field here. Lol

Old 07-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #24
702marine
My wife hasn't held him yet... I'm waiting to see his full temperament and personality before I let anyone else mess with him...

Old 07-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #25
airenlow
Good luck!

Old 07-31-2011, 11:36 AM   #26
Stormy
Its beautiful! Good luck with getting it acclimated. Im crossing my fingers.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #27
702marine
Update...

He is eating and doing just fine. He seems to be adjusting very well. It is very unusual to watch a snake that strikes its prey and doesn’t constrict it. He just grabs onto it and holds it till there is no more movement, normal for this type of snake. Very interesting to watch...

Old 08-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #28
VickyChaiTea
Wow! Very interesting. Is he eating live or prekilled? You gonna keep him? I love his face shape. <3 Kinda looks permanently grumpy.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #29
702marine
I thought he looked really pissed too.. Lol... Being from the wild I am not going to try the pre-killed just yet. As long as he is eating and drinking well I'm good with that for now.. Besides he had no problem getting that mouse whatsoever!!! As time goes by and he becomes more comfortable I will do the feeding tub and try pre-killed and F/T... One step at a time right now...

Old 08-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #30
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 702marine View Post
I thought he looked really pissed too.. Lol... Being from the wild I am not going to try the pre-killed just yet. As long as he is eating and drinking well I'm good with that for now.. Besides he had no problem getting that mouse whatsoever!!! As time goes by and he becomes more comfortable I will do the feeding tub and try pre-killed and F/T... One step at a time right now...
I have caught many of wild snakes I try them all on dead first , if they dont eat then I try live. If he is eating there is no reason not to try dead. If he was a fussy feeded that is one thing but if he eats right away then you should try dead ASAP.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google