• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First to Produce the GHOST corn?

scmartin27

capio cum grano salis
I'm compiling a history of morphs and who produced the first of each one. I'm sure it will be impossible to get them all, but there are a few I think are feasible. I am wondering who the first person to combine Anery+HypoA was, and when? General dates work, it doesn't have to be exact.
I already have the histories of anery and hypo individually, but wondering who produced the first ghost and when.
Eventually I'll want info for as many morphs as possible, but this will do for now.
Thanks!
-Sarah M.

....i read that in a 1996 corn snake article in reptiles magazine written by Kathy Love

Any chance you can comment with a photo of the article? And the time frame the magazine covered (was there only 1 for 1996, or did this issue just cover a few months?)

At the very least they may be the first recorded. It would make sense, with the way they worded it in the book in 2000.

I believe Bill & Kathy love were the first ones to uncover and work with the original hypomelanistic gene, so it would make sense that they would be the first to develop the "Ghost" line derived from that hypo gene and type "A" anerythrism.

They were the first to come up with the "Charcoal" gene too, which they at first called the "Pine Island Anerythristic". So I would expect they were the first to have created derivatives from that gene as well.

One of these days I need to try to recover descriptions from my old SerpenCo site. I believe I mentioned some history here and there in those cultivar descriptions I worked with.

Ill send you some pics on messenger. I would post them here but have never figured out how to post pictures here.

"One of these days I need to try to recover descriptions from my old SerpenCo site. I believe I mentioned some history here and there in those cultivar descriptions I worked with."...The history for me is at least as interesting than the morphs themselves. With so many "colors of paint" available to breed corn snakes anyone these days has the capability to make 4 and more gene snakes, but don't take the time to know anything about them, other than maybe who they bought them from. They aren't enjoying them enough :shrugs:

Back