CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

First to Produce the GHOST corn?

Old 04-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #1
scmartin27
First to Produce the GHOST corn?

I'm compiling a history of morphs and who produced the first of each one. I'm sure it will be impossible to get them all, but there are a few I think are feasible. I am wondering who the first person to combine Anery+HypoA was, and when? General dates work, it doesn't have to be exact.
I already have the histories of anery and hypo individually, but wondering who produced the first ghost and when.
Eventually I'll want info for as many morphs as possible, but this will do for now.
Thanks!
-Sarah M.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
bushsnake
From what i have read the Love's produced the first ghost corn in 1987

Old 04-18-2018, 12:03 PM   #3
bushsnake
....i read that in a 1996 corn snake article in reptiles magazine written by Kathy Love

Old 04-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #4
scmartin27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushsnake View Post
....i read that in a 1996 corn snake article in reptiles magazine written by Kathy Love
Any chance you can comment with a photo of the article? And the time frame the magazine covered (was there only 1 for 1996, or did this issue just cover a few months?)

Old 04-19-2018, 12:11 PM   #5
Dragonling
At the very least they may be the first recorded. It would make sense, with the way they worded it in the book in 2000.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #6
Rich Z
I believe Bill & Kathy love were the first ones to uncover and work with the original hypomelanistic gene, so it would make sense that they would be the first to develop the "Ghost" line derived from that hypo gene and type "A" anerythrism.

They were the first to come up with the "Charcoal" gene too, which they at first called the "Pine Island Anerythristic". So I would expect they were the first to have created derivatives from that gene as well.

One of these days I need to try to recover descriptions from my old SerpenCo site. I believe I mentioned some history here and there in those cultivar descriptions I worked with.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:21 PM   #7
bushsnake
Ill send you some pics on messenger. I would post them here but have never figured out how to post pictures here.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #8
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushsnake View Post
Ill send you some pics on messenger. I would post them here but have never figured out how to post pictures here.
This link on one of my other sites may help you with that -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671

Old 04-19-2018, 09:01 PM   #9
bushsnake
Thanks

Old 04-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #10
chris68
"One of these days I need to try to recover descriptions from my old SerpenCo site. I believe I mentioned some history here and there in those cultivar descriptions I worked with."...The history for me is at least as interesting than the morphs themselves. With so many "colors of paint" available to breed corn snakes anyone these days has the capability to make 4 and more gene snakes, but don't take the time to know anything about them, other than maybe who they bought them from. They aren't enjoying them enough

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google