CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

snake rack!

Old 10-06-2008, 01:35 AM   #1
darkmorning1
snake rack!

i made this snake rack first off Yay! it wasnt too hard. and only took 3 days to build. the price tag was high but only till you find out how many snakes this puppy can hold! its really nice. and tons of space. yet small then my other rack now i dont need. here is something to look at.

building time: Super fast
price: not to bad since i can hold a lot of snakes
looks: its great i love it how small it is.

how many snakes. well it can hold. a few but right now i have it at.

4 adults 3 hatchings 2 yearling's
(but as you can see it can and will hold a lot more)
one bad thing is it is like a ton! but i put it on wheels.so no back braking moves. its great to have and can all be yours for around $270 thats with wood and bins and heat everything. best thing was i didn't have to cut a thing. well the white bored. only thing i did with a saw was make holes in the back for wires. and cut the peg bored. the other wood was all in the sizes i needed at the stores. here it is. i will have a better photo later in the week when snakes will have there new homes. i also have some building photos.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:46 AM   #2
Rich in KY
Great job!

It looks awesome!

Old 10-06-2008, 01:48 AM   #3
darkmorning1
thanks! i will have a better photo soon. Thermostat should be here on Thursday's. by then i will have photo of the snakes too.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:59 AM   #4
Rich in KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmorning1 View Post
thanks! i will have a better photo soon. Thermostat should be here on Thursday's. by then i will have photo of the snakes too.
Yay! I want to see your snakes!

Old 10-06-2008, 02:49 AM   #5
The_Thunderer
Great job!!! I see that you're using heat cable too. Could I see how you it comes into contact with the containers? I used heat cable on mine too, but feel like I need to use a router to get the cord into contact with more of the containers.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:52 AM   #6
Mr. Maya
Nice Work. Unfortunately I can't say I like it because I don't agree with holding snakes in this matter. Wich is only my opinion and we all Know what they say about opinions right.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:05 AM   #7
Maize411
Talking

Wow really nice rack system!! Great job! :0)

Old 10-06-2008, 08:45 AM   #8
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maya View Post
Nice Work. Unfortunately I can't say I like it because I don't agree with holding snakes in this matter. Wich is only my opinion and we all Know what they say about opinions right.

Out of curiosity. What is it you find bad about having snakes in bins?

Old 10-06-2008, 09:02 AM   #9
Nanci
Looks great! How'd you do the heat?

Old 10-06-2008, 09:49 AM   #10
Mr. Maya
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemom1961 View Post
Out of curiosity. What is it you find bad about having snakes in bins?
Just one of those times when my opinion should have been kept to myself.
Out of respect, though not wanting to start a major discussion, I will give a quick answer.
No possibility to explore,climb, dig or do other things Corns do in the wild. as was said, JMHO. Thanks for reading.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google