• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

hello

Need some help regarding corn snake eggs.
I used to have a large shed where I used to breed kings and milkshakes with no problems.
Now I have four corn snakes and at present have seven eggs on heat mat incubating at 80 degrees they are at 55 days.I candled them last night all have veins and masses but only one started to move does anyone think the others should be ok?

Hi Steve I'm pat
This is a really great site to get help I am a new owner only since November
I have a amel corn snake
He is 8 months old now
Had him a 9 weeks
I live in Shropshire
Pat x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi pat.
I have four corns one male three females just hoping the 7 eggs hatch soon did have 12 lost 5 three weeks ago eggs are 8 weeks old tomorrow

I incubate at 81-82F and nothing seems to hatch before 60 days. I've had eggs hatch at 70 days too. Just be patient, I'm not, but it's good advice. I'm at 59 days on two clutches and wearing the incubator door out, opening and closing. My wife says I'm sitting and staring at the incubator like something is going to jump out any minute.

Hello Steve, and welcome!

I incubate eggs in a box on a shelf in the snake room. They're usually about 80-81 degrees. My last clutch started hatching at 64 days.
I have had some take longer, I wouldn't worry about it. Easier said than done, I know.

I took in a clutch that had been incubated at regular room temperature here in the Seattle area, (more mild temps) they took over 100 days to hatch.

I wouldn't be too worried, unless the eggs are looking really bad. Although I have had babies hatch out of bad looking eggs.

Thanks for all the advice,like I said previous o used to breed milks and kings but they were all in a large shed. Eggs are in plastic shoe box on heat mat 56 days old tomorrow although I have noticed one denting in today and it's one that I could not candle well hope it's not dying.

Thanks for all the advice,like I said previous o used to breed milks and kings but they were all in a large shed. Eggs are in plastic shoe box on heat mat 56 days old tomorrow although I have noticed one denting in today and it's one that I could not candle well hope it's not dying.
Denting this far on incubation typically means they're getting close to hatching. :)

Just candled again me being impatient noticed two movements in two of the eggs no movement in the other five including the two dented ones day 56 tomorrow

Looked at the 7 eggs this morning three now denting in I was wondering if having the lid off shoe box candling last night for 20 mins might have caused this to happen?I know they are at 56 days today but none of the dented eggs had any movement in them last night only noticed movement in one of the others shame if the dented ones have now died having got to 56 days

Back