CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

ID PLEASE

Old 07-02-2017, 02:05 AM   #1
Pransis
ID PLEASE

i was told by the seller it was a possible dilute pastel. parents are unknown. thanks in advance

Old 07-02-2017, 02:33 AM   #2
Shiari
Can we get pictures of the eyes? It's a motley at least, whatever other morphs are at work here. O_o What an odd looking baby. I like it.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:17 PM   #3
RubikAce
I can't shake the feeling that I've seen a hatchling somewhere exactly like this one. To me it almost looks like it could be a Lavender-based morph, but I might be a bit biased due to my undying love for Lavenders . That aside, I took a look at Ian's Vivarium's morph list, and the color does match that of a very young Dilute Pastel (the one in the picture is also a Motley). A few other possibilities I found include:

Caramel Cinder
Diamond
Plasma
Gold Dust

So basically it's anybody's guess for now. Although like Shiari said, do post an eye pic if possible since it can help. I will say, though, that their eye color can change as they mature. My Lavender yearling's eyes only recently turned gray like they're supposed to be, and I was legitimately worried for quite a while that the breeder had accidentally sold me the wrong snake.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:00 AM   #4
CornsAustria
maybe a pic for comparison may help you ?
this was one of my truly 100% sure dilute pastel motley male as a baby (his anery dilute motley sister below)

Old 07-23-2017, 01:45 PM   #5
Pransis
thanks for your replies. i'm having a hard time taking pictures of his eyes. but here's an example on what it looks like. it's like a deep red pupil. will try my best to take a decent pic of his eyes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google