CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Unplug the heat mat on the night? is this substrate Ok?

Old 09-06-2017, 11:00 AM   #41
DollysMom
I just looked up the Exo Terra Forest moss and that looks okay, but I've never used it so don't know how well it works. It may just be green sphagnum for all I know. Best wishes and please let us know how it goes!

Snooki, feel free to ask a related question, unless it is so different a topic that it may not get responses here. As the OP (original poster -- starter of the thread) you have more latitude as to where to take the thread. In essence, it belongs to you and it is up to the rest of us to respond to you in an appropriate manner. Don't start a new thread "only" because of my comment. Besides, you can't hijack your own thread (well I guess you can but it has to be extreme). Start a new thread because the topic is different enough that it needs a new thread.

Apologies to all for turning this into a forum lesson thread instead of a corn snake set up thread. I felt between a rock and a hard place about it.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:40 PM   #42
Snooki
Yeah i know what you mean Dollysmom.
The exoterra moss seems fine, have never seen he use the moisturecave but What do i know about that when i sleep lol..

I change out the moss and clean the cave once in a week. Is that ok or should i do it more often?
I see that people with rainforest terrarium setup use this as a substrate.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:26 PM   #43
DollysMom
If your snake soils the moss of course change it immediately. Routinely I change the moss once a month or so. It can be rinsed and squeezed out between changes.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:15 AM   #44
Patmart
Thank you Dollysmom that helps me I am setting up a cave
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google