CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

ESCAPEE or HIDE LOG HORRORS?

Old 02-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #31
Nanci
Leos rattle their tails??

Old 02-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #32
josie
I will not be buying those type of hides. Thanks for posting pictures of it. I'm shocked she didn't drownd when you had the hide in the water. I will stick with the tp rolls, not pretty but they seem to love them.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #33
OkeeteeMom
Well, I'm glad that what Nanci, myself and others have gone through with this unseen hidey-hole is going to help others. BTW, none of my snakes has ever used a TP or PT roll when I had many in their Vivs...go figure.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #34
BloodyBaroness
Holy wow. You would never believe this but my ultramel girl did the same thing IN THE SAME EXACT HIDE!

I showed my mother this thread and she flipped out too. Mom was the one that held the log while I sawed in to rescue the baby.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #35
OkeeteeMom
That freakin' log! Glad you found your baby.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #36
BloodyBaroness
That log is EVIL, evil I tell you. It's a shame it's so darn pretty. I had them in three vivs and all snakes lost log privileges after the first accident. I stick with paper towel/toilet paper tubes, grape vine sticks, and fake plants now.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #37
Outcast
I just recently made some log hides for my larger snakes. I have to do the whole decontamination thing on them though, before I use them.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #38
Draekaar
haha wow I have that exact tank (20L) and that exact hide... it's her favourite. she likes to hide in the bottom corner where it looks like it's resting on the other piece... i'll double check the top part of it later today when i feed her to be sure it's not got a hole >.>

Old 02-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #39
Nanci
Every one I had got the blind limb amputated and they all had the hole. You cannot see it or feel it.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #40
OkeeteeMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draekaar View Post
haha wow I have that exact tank (20L) and that exact hide... it's her favourite. she likes to hide in the bottom corner where it looks like it's resting on the other piece... i'll double check the top part of it later today when i feed her to be sure it's not got a hole >.>
The opening IS there...trust us. You won't be able to see or feel it. Just cut that part off and your snake can still use it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
escape, escaped, escapee