CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

First time snake owner. Loving it!

Old 08-25-2015, 11:47 AM   #61
kdickens
A small hot glue gun will fix small holes too. You can get them anywhere for 3 or 4 bucks. It will seal up a hole and dry in seconds leaving no odor or tape to worry about.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:52 AM   #62
Haight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdickens View Post
A small hot glue gun will fix small holes too. You can get them anywhere for 3 or 4 bucks. It will seal up a hole and dry in seconds leaving no odor or tape to worry about.
Yeah that was my thought. I was going to take a look at them at Walmart today. I'm not even sure that Slinky could fit through that whole, but I am not going to take any chances.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:06 PM   #63
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haight View Post
Thanks! I completely agree with you. Wrapped around their tails maybe? I do enjoy having a place that I can converse with people about my love for him without getting any sort of harassment. Good to know that you guys think he will be OK in there. The family is going to be working on making him a few more hides today, even though I found him curled up under the substrate this morning in the middle of the Viv away from any hide.
Lol, the substrate makes the viv one big hide beyond the designated hides. I'm pretty generous with it for that reason.

I like the thought of the family making hides together.

Thumbs up on hot glue for sealing and securing things in viv. You don't want anything they can get stuck on. If there is tape accessible they will find a way to get stuck to it, little monkeys that they are.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:40 PM   #64
Haight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Lol, the substrate makes the viv one big hide beyond the designated hides. I'm pretty generous with it for that reason.

I like the thought of the family making hides together.

Thumbs up on hot glue for sealing and securing things in viv. You don't want anything they can get stuck on. If there is tape accessible they will find a way to get stuck to it, little monkeys that they are.
I was able to plug the hole with a small rubber sticky thing that is supposed to go on the bottom corner of the Viv to lift it off of the table a bit. I had extras. I used a small dab of super glue so it isn't going anywhere

Old 08-26-2015, 07:54 PM   #65
Haight
Good news!
I was able to return the crappy Zilla temperature controller and small UTH. Just this I got in the recommended Hydrofarm heat controller, large UTH, and a 25w red light bulb for night time viewing . Slinky is now all setup in his 40B and loving it!. I have the heat mat set for 83* and it seems to be doing a good job.
Here is his new setup and his favorite hide. (a fake flower that my wife put in just for decoration.) He loves curling up between the petals.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:52 PM   #66
XenDrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haight View Post
Here is his new setup and his favorite hide. (a fake flower that my wife put in just for decoration.) He loves curling up between the petals.
O. M. G. I LOVE that idea. What an absolute cutie!! That is so awesome!

Old 08-26-2015, 10:26 PM   #67
DollysMom
He's too cute in that flower! You viv is really shaping up.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:39 PM   #68
Haight
Thanks =). I think I am finally done buying stuff for his viv for awhile. I'm battling with the temp controller trying to find the sweet spot. Set at 83* it will let the temp drop to 79 and then rocket up to 90 then slowly drop back down again. Sound similar to yours, Dollysmom?

Old 08-26-2015, 11:52 PM   #69
DollysMom
Mine doesn't swing as far. More like 83 to 87 for me (going from thermometer, reading not thermostat reading) Too many variables to venture a guess why.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:18 PM   #70
Haight
Can anyone tell me based on the flower photo if he might be going into shed?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google