• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First time snake owner. Loving it!

Update: Slinky weighs 101g, 32" long, and is eating 20g mice. Absolute legend.

He sure is. Cleo is a month younger, is 33 grams, about 19 inches long, and is eating 5 gram mice. Just goes to show age and size have no correlation.

Man, ya'll with your fast growing babies and here my July 13th boy is still not even 20g. Granted, he's been on day olds way too long...hopefully the reptilinks will give him a leg up.

Er, uh...so to speak. :laugh:

Laura, your little one and mine are about the same age and weight. Mine was hatched July 10th and weighs a bit over 16 g. at the moment! I was thinking about Reptilinks as well, but I still have a bunch of mice I'd ordered when I first got Loopy! He recently graduated from "small" pinkies to "regular" pinkies so his weight may jump a bit over the next 3 months or so!

Laura, your little one and mine are about the same age and weight. Mine was hatched July 10th and weighs a bit over 16 g. at the moment! I was thinking about Reptilinks as well, but I still have a bunch of mice I'd ordered when I first got Loopy! He recently graduated from "small" pinkies to "regular" pinkies so his weight may jump a bit over the next 3 months or so!

He's actually 30g now, hit quite a growth spurt around 17 or so, though he seems to be slowing again a little bit. We'll see how the next month goes now that he's on links.

Slinky weighed in at 115g this evening, after two full and healthy poops since his last feeding on the 19th. He put on 14g in 7 days.....He weighed 14 grams 160 days ago.

This little worm continues to surprise me with his growth. He now weighs 146g and is 35" long. I took him back to the breeder again because he didn't believe me how large he was. We compared him to some of his clutch mates who have been on a very similar feeding schedule and all I could say was "DAMN!". His biggest clutch mate that the breeder still has is only 78g and 23"! For reference, that UFO hide below him is exactly 6" wide.

Attachments

• IMG_4557.JPG
    IMG_4557.JPG
    359 KB · Views: 30
Hello, Haight. I noticed that you've had Slinky for about 6 months now, and I was wondering how he was doing... size, eating... because I just got my first snake 2/2/16, and I'm wondering what to expect. Her hatch date was 6/9/15, making her almost 8 months old.
PS: How did you get a picture into the text box? I tried to copy in one of Ayasha from my computer Pictures folder, but it didn't paste in.

Hello, Haight. I noticed that you've had Slinky for about 6 months now, and I was wondering how he was doing... size, eating... because I just got my first snake 2/2/16, and I'm wondering what to expect. Her hatch date was 6/9/15, making her almost 8 months old.
PS: How did you get a picture into the text box? I tried to copy in one of Ayasha from my computer Pictures folder, but it didn't paste in.
Don't base your snake's weight or length on anyone else's, Slinky especially...he's an exceptional grower. My cayenne is a week older than Slinky and is about 37g on a semi-aggressive feeding plan. Your hatchling will grow at her own pace as long as she's getting the nutrients she needs.

As for uploading a photo, for your image to be viewable by everyone else, it must be hosted somewhere with public access (if we could see photos on your computer, that would be a serious security problem!). You can attach up to 5 photos to your post using the additional options below:

ciVEa5T.png

Clicking "Manage Attachments" brings up this window:

XIFMToB.png

Clicking any of the "Choose File" buttons lets you search your computer for a photo to attach. There are file size limits partially because server space costs money to provide, so if your file is too big you'll have to resize it before uploading. You can use sites like http://imageresize.org/ to resize a pic before attaching it to the forum.

If you're feeling more adventurous, you could upload to http://imgur.com/. I tried to find a good tutorial, but they're all either terrible or outdated. Just hit the blue "upload images" button at the top, click "browse your computer", and choose the files you want to upload. You can upload one at a time, or hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the photos you want to upload to choose multiples (I recommend starting out just doing one at a time. Hit "start upload" and it will take you to your uploaded photo. On the left side of the page, just press the little double page icon next to "BBCode (Forums)":

ECxgiQg.png

Then either right click in your forum text...

jkL7ptH.png

...or hold the Ctrl button and press V to paste the BBCode in.

If your image is very large, add a lowercase letter L before the extension (.jpg, .png, .bmp, etc.) of the image to make it a happy forum-friendly size:

Pn3RZxU.png

yBpJHhu.png

I highly recommend testing this out in our test forum and get a good feel for it. :) If you make mistakes there it doesn't matter, and folks will be able to help you figure out what's going wrong.

Back