CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

First time snake owner. Loving it!

Old 09-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #81
Haight
Here is where it is stuck.

Old 09-04-2015, 03:27 PM   #82
Haight
Problem solved. I couldn't wait so I used his feeding tongs to grab the nose area of the shed and held it in place. He pulled himself free fairly quickly. Once he was past the lump I let go so that he could continue to shed the rest naturally.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:11 PM   #83
Haight
I read somewhere that the shed stretches about 10%, and by that measurement it would put slinky at approximately 16". His color came out absolutely beautiful! I love shedding day =)

Old 09-04-2015, 07:52 PM   #84
DollysMom
Congrats. I know you have been waiting for this. My snake has wadded up his shed like that but was already out of it when I found it. Glad it all worked out!

Old 09-04-2015, 07:54 PM   #85
Haight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Congrats. I know you have been waiting for this. My snake has wadded up his shed like that but was already out of it when I found it. Glad it all worked out!
The suspense was killing me! I was running up to the room every time I came home, and instantly checking the moment I woke up. I'm glad I was here when he started. It is interesting, even though he just ate he hasn't stopped roaming his cage once the shed was off. I've never seen him this active.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:08 PM   #86
kdickens
HooRah!

Glad it turned out okay for you! It looked a little scary in that pic. Have you used the online measuring tool? It works pretty good! Click Serpwidget

Old 09-04-2015, 08:16 PM   #87
Haight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdickens View Post
Glad it turned out okay for you! It looked a little scary in that pic. Have you used the online measuring tool? It works pretty good! Click Serpwidget
Yes, I've used it on a few different pictures and it seems to be fairly accurate. This shed is right in line with the measurements that I got from Serpwidget.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:58 PM   #88
Haight
So I am fairly positive that the breeder that I get my pinkies from must be injecting them with steroids because Slinky weighs 18 grams! I have started feeding him 2 pinkies, which he had yesterday morning, and the bump is already gone and he is roaming his cage like he is looking for more. I think I am going to feed him 2 pinkies every 3 days and see how it goes.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #89
Haight
^^^ Meant to say every 4 days, not 3.
I also found that he puts on just under 50% of the mass of the feedings in weight. He weighed 12 grams when I got him on August 19th, and now 20 days later he has had a total of 13 grams of pinkies and has put on 6 grams. If he keeps that up then by my calculations he could be over 50 grams in just under 3 months. I don't know why, but I have developed an unhealthy obsession with wanting Slinky to get huge fast.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:57 PM   #90
DollysMom
Slinky is such a dear heart. Of course he wants more. In nature they pack it in when they can because there may not be another meal for weeks!

Just keep repeating to yourself, "less aggressive feeding is better for my snake's health long term." I know I had to. When Dolly was on single pinks it seemed like he hardly grew and it was sooooo hard. Now, six months in my care, he's packing it on even on a six day feeding schedule. According to Munson he could be on hoppers, but I'd rather delay the hopper jump (forgive the pun), so he's got 8 more large fuzzies every 6 days, not counting shed fasts, on the menu. Last weigh in was 53 grams. I have the hoppers and weanlings ready in my freezer .

Slinky will get there before you know it. Go Slinky!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google