CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

I surrender to the Borg....

Old 07-30-2017, 03:00 PM   #21
Tavia
To move the apps around the screen, press down and hold the app icon for a few seconds. It will "detach" and you can move it around, delete it, etc. To move it to another page, drag it to the very edge of of the screen and it will flip to the next page.

To make a folder, move one app you want in the folder on top of another app you want in the folder and release it, it will create the folder with those two apps and give you the option to name it. Then you just detach and move any other apps into that folder.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:57 PM   #22
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
To move the apps around the screen, press down and hold the app icon for a few seconds. It will "detach" and you can move it around, delete it, etc. To move it to another page, drag it to the very edge of of the screen and it will flip to the next page.

To make a folder, move one app you want in the folder on top of another app you want in the folder and release it, it will create the folder with those two apps and give you the option to name it. Then you just detach and move any other apps into that folder.
Ah! Thank you! Connie actually created a folder and moved two icons into it accidentally and I had a devil of a time figuring out how to fix it. I thought she had put her finger onto two icons at the same time, but I can see how what you have described is likely what happened.

I thought she had broken my new phone already.... So did she.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:54 PM   #23
Rich Z
Today Connie and I took the bikes out and rode the St. Marks bike trail. Luckily the new case I ordered for the S8+ came in this morning, and it had a belt clip so I was able to bring along the phone for a test run to see if it would fall off or not. So I promptly forgot I was even carrying it, so it's not like it was uncomfortable or anything. Matter of fact, we were on the section of the trail that had a lot of standing water on both sides, and I nearly ran over a small cottonmouth laying on the asphalt. So as I rode further along the trail, I was thinking that it was too bad I didn't have one of my cameras with me. Well DUH!! Then I remembered that I DID have a camera with me! But I didn't turn back, because another biker heading the other direction has just passed us, so I imagined the cottonmouth was long gone by then.

So when we got down to the end of the trail, we always head down to the boat launch area to walk out onto the little covered pavilion they have there. Some sort of small heron was looking for food along the water's edge, so I decided to try out the camera then. I also tried out the video capabilities, but unfortunately only had it set for 1080 and not 4K. I also had trouble figuring out the zoom function and somehow along the way the camera got itself set to take a "selfie". I didn't figure out how to switch that to the back camera till later, so that ended the video/photography session.

Anyway, I just uploaded the video raw to YouTube to see how it would look. I guess it's not too bad for something from a phone....

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=xvU-zKISdhk

And the photographs didn't look to bad neither. So I'm guessing this thing will do in a pinch when I don't have one of the lug along cameras with me.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:15 PM   #24
DollysMom
Looks nice, Rich. There's a learning curve, but you are definitely getting there.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:23 PM   #25
Rich Z
Well, one interesting thing I did with this little doodad was to take it outside and walk around using it as a Wifi analyzer. Now I have to admit that this was pretty handy.

And I discovered that it can actually monitor my heart rate and blood oxygen level. Maybe sooner or later I will stop having to go to the doctor's office to have the yearly blood work done for my physical exams.

I'm going to throw it into the kitchen to see if it will make me dinner tonight. Connie us up in Delaware visiting family this week. My needs are simple. Just make me a hamburger, please and thank you.

Oh yeah, I tried using that app that lets me monitor Connie's whereabouts while she is on the road. At first it didn't seem to be able to find her, but eventually it started working and I could see that she was at her sister's house.

This might actually turn out to be a rather interesting toy to play with.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:04 PM   #26
DollysMom
Glad you are finding it useful, Rich.

I've had a smart phone for almost 10 years and it has never once offered to make dinner, but it can help. I use my phone as my cooking timer all the time. Today I'm making bread and using it to keep track of the rising time. I asked Siri to set the timer for me for one hour. She set it and also told me that a watched iPhone never boils. Good advice all around.

One more thing. I use it to keep track of all my snake work and records. I have an app called Snakekeeper, but I also keep track of cleanings etc, using the calendar and task list. It is nice to never unwittingly miss something I should have done for them!

Old 08-10-2017, 05:43 PM   #27
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
One thing I do know.... No way in hell I would want to do much of anything on the internet on something like this. I logged into FaunaClassifieds and just tried viewing some classified ads, and that was actually painful to do. Expanding and shrinking the screen constantly, scrolling just to read the text or view a picture CONSTANTLY is WAY too much work.
This is why we asked for Tapatalk for years!!

Old 08-10-2017, 06:01 PM   #28
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
This is why we asked for Tapatalk for years!!
So it is a much better experience using Tapatalk?

Old 08-12-2017, 09:27 AM   #29
Nanci
I think so! It makes uploading photos straight from the phone super simple. And everything is sized for the phone, so no zooming in and scrolling around.

Hey, Rich and I were at Ding Darling- wait- I'll post from Tapatalk!!

Old 08-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #30
Nanci
I surrender to the Borg....

They have starfish there????

Once we found one, there were tons!!

Test: small

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google