CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

First time owner!!

Old 09-16-2017, 11:44 AM   #21
DLena
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
I would love someone who is an experienced keeper in the UK or continental Europe to explain more about their set-ups. It won't stop us 'mericans from speaking out of turn, but perhaps it could help.

DollysMom, this made me remember...

Back in the late 1970's through the early 80's, my mom kept tropical fish. She used under-gravel filters with powerheads for water circulation and to pull waste down to the bottom to promote better water quality. This was before the internet. She joined an international group of tropical fish fanciers that corresponded via actual written letters. In Europe, they had sponge filters that attached to the powerheads so the water was actually cleaned while it was circulated. One of her friends over there helped her buy them and then mailed it all to her. It let her expand from a 20 long tank to a 55 long (if I remember it right) with less maintenance!
I'm sure our kindred spirits "over there" wherever they may be, have some excellent practices and products that we just don't have. I'd like more info on how people keep snakes over there. Maybe it could be a thread?

Old 10-06-2017, 07:54 PM   #22
Reptile Lover 23
Im live in the uk and i have 2 adult corns and 12 hatchlings I am will do a thread on my set-up for my adult corns if thats somthink use would be intressted in.

Old 10-06-2017, 08:21 PM   #23
Ianjex85
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyg View Post
I see a bulb in the cage, is that the heat source or is it for light? If it's for heat - you can get by with it, but it's not the best setup, and there's some fire hazard..
Dave might benefit from an undertank heater if you don't have one yet.

The cage setup looks great, I second climbing sticks, and if you wrap it in some vines, your little guy will hide out in them!

NancyG
Apologies for such a late reply... yes it's his heat source, as his viv us wooden a understand heater wouldn't suffice, I have changed the bulb since to a ceramic version so I can better his night/day cycles. Dave is doing Well, growing so quickly (26g now so he's added 10 grams)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Old 10-08-2017, 10:43 AM   #24
Holly12
aww! he is so cute! I love the new home you have for him congrats on your new friend!.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google