CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

My baby cornsnake poo is very wet, felt down on the floor question

Old 09-07-2017, 09:48 AM   #11
Snooki
Yes. Then i wait for him to shed finish before i feed.

2 months Ok, something around that age, not younger and not mutch older compared to videos on YouTube.

Yes he have always water that he can drink off, yesterday he drinked a lot.
Now he have a moisture cave also with exo terra forest moss.

Old 09-09-2017, 05:18 AM   #12
Snooki
He pooped in the feeding box today 5 days after i gave him pinky.

He had blue eyes for the last two days, but not today.
And i cant find any loose skinn in the terrarium, Strange?

I also wonder if he had a little spot with skinn that did not came loose, and i did not see it when i handle him and gave him pinkey now.
Would it be Ok to wait 2 days to inspect him very close to see after shedding problems?

Old 09-09-2017, 07:10 AM   #13
Snooki
I found out after some research that the eyes turn Black again after two days, then he start to shedding...
I took him out today and gave him food since i thought he was done since the eyes was clear again. That was a mistake.
Hope he can digest the pinkey he just eat...

Old 09-09-2017, 09:27 AM   #14
DLena
He will digest it. Most snakes don't feed when they are about to shed because they are uncomfortable or because they can't see well enough to feel safe striking prey.

Once he sheds, check the skin carefully to be sure it's all there: tail tip, eye caps, everything in between. If he shed in pieces, he didn't have enough humidity. If you give him a humid hide, he will most likely go in there to get the rest off.

Old 09-10-2017, 01:57 PM   #15
Snooki
Yes Thank you.

He have a moisture cave also at the warm side.
Just took a look at him today and his body looks clean and "wet" so the shedding has not started yet or could it already be done?
He had blue eyes on thursday and friday.

Old 09-10-2017, 05:11 PM   #16
Snooki
The snake shedded this evning/night!
Have not seen him out of the cave hole week and suddently he came out and shedded.
It is new to me, my bearded dragon is way more easy to see when the shedding has started on the body.

I mesured the lenght of the skin and it is 42cm/16.5 inches long.
Could it be right that my snake is 3 months and 2 week old?
I dont have the born date..

Old 09-10-2017, 05:14 PM   #17
DLena
The shed skin is larger than the snake. It is moist and stretches as the snake crawls out of it. Congratulations on the successful shed! He's earned a nice meal!

Old 09-14-2017, 07:03 AM   #18
Snooki
Yes.

Today when i feed him it went fine, 2-3 minutes after i removed him out from the feeding box and over to the terrarium. He have a stick he sit on when he eat so i just lift the stick with the snake on back to the terrarium.
When he entered he gape very big for 2 seconds, then he entered the cave. What does that gaping means?

Old 09-14-2017, 07:31 AM   #19
DLena
He was adjusting his jaw bones. The lower jaw unhinged from the upper jaw. The lower jaw also separates in half, into left and right sides. After the food is fully swollowed, the snake will open his mouth very wide, mostly close the mouth, then repeat the process until all the bones are properly realigned.
It's very interesting to watch.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:20 AM   #20
Snooki
That was good and interesting to hear!
Lot to know and learn as a first snake owner.

He seems to be fine, eat poop and shedding. Finaly now he came out of the cave as soon the lights go off and night light is on, have a red veak led light.
Should i have that on hole night or just turn it off so he have it completly dark when i go to bed?

He have a few bright spotter in the pattern where he is black, that is normal?

Thanks for the information and answers i have got with my corn snake

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google