CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Questions about black Lights

Old 03-03-2004, 02:18 PM   #1
LilTae
Question Questions about black Lights

I have a quick question about black lights. I know that snakes can't see infrared but what about ultraviolet? I've been getting mixed messages about black lights. Some say the snake can't see them, some say it damages their vision. I have a lot of black light reactive decorations in my tank along with my blizzard corn. (Who looks cool under black light with his hint of yellow markings showing through) It's very cool for me to look at, but I wanted to know if it's safe for him. Is it o.k. to have a flourescent one or should I just stick to incadescent? I'm new to the site and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tae

Old 03-03-2004, 03:58 PM   #2
CAV
Here are the old threads regarding Black lights.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google