• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this strange scale on my corns head an issue?

Vegas serpent

Good morning,

I've had this albino tessera female for about 4 months. Two months ago, I noticed she had a scale in the top of her head starting to peel up. She had a shed a week or two later, and afterward it looked better but not normal(still sort of grayish). This weekend she shed again, and it looks like the scale came completely off. There was a reddish scale in the shed skin, and she now has a grayish translucent spot there. Check out the photo, let me know if I should be worried? She is acting normal otherwise.

Attachments

• 20200511_093718_resize_91.jpg
    20200511_093718_resize_91.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 29
It looks like she is missing a scale on her head. Some snakes are born that way. I own a few (now adults) and they have no known health issues.

Terri

Back