• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hercules

Raven

Meet Hercules! Got this little guy recently - his first people no longer wanted him. He needs to gain a bit of weight and shed out some old injuries (from mouse bites?) but he's pretty.

Attachments

• H2c.jpg
    H2c.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 61
  • H1b.jpg
    H1b.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 60
  • H6b.jpg
    H6b.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 61
Thanks! I figured he was at least an amel. I thought he may have something more going on as he looks nothing like my others. He has a very different head and belly pattern as well. From what I was reading I was suspecting possibly masque? I also remember reading that there were a few other genes that cause similar patterns but I may be mistaken.

Attachments

• h12b.jpg
    h12b.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 54
  • H13b.jpg
    H13b.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 54
  • H16b.jpg
    H16b.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 55
masque is right - maybe it can be a candycane stuff in there - but its genetically an amel
candycane, reverse oketee, flouroscent orange all these are amels but secective breeding ;)
amels can change soo much, not one single amel is like the other that I know ;)

ok. Awesome. I'm glad I was mostly correct. The selective breeding for a trait causes variations of the appearance I get. I'm trying to learn all of the genetics. What's throwing me is how many variations there are for the same trait. It's sometimes a fun game of guess that gene when looking at the ones online.

I'm glad I decided to take this little guy no matter what his genetics are. Was just curious.

I don’t understand people treat reptiles badly
He is very pretty
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither do I. Snakes or otherwise. I've taken in 2 new ones in the past few few months that were in bad shape. I had to take one to the vet. I'm just glad they decided to give them up.

Thank you very much for taking them in
Wouldn’t like to think what would of happen to them
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am glad that I got them and happy that there are more people like me who would have too. I think most cases like these, people are unaware of proper care for many pets and that they aren't intentionally doing harm. Just happy that they eventually do the right thing for their pet whether that is educating themselves or surrendering them if they are overwhelmed.

Dinner time! He's finally starting to put on weight. Some of his scales, and between scales, are turning red.

Attachments

• H19b.jpg
    H19b.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 24
  • H18b.jpg
    H18b.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 24
Back